A stupid mistake

In Montreal>>>>Ashley’s Pov (this chapter has strong language)

“Where did your mom say she would be?” I ask Mitch as all of us get off the plane.

“Out front. I think she is already there.”

“Welp bye guys. Tyler and I are headed over to go through Tyler’s old place.” Kyle says. Tyler has seemed a bit down the entire trip here. They decided to come with us to Canada so they could go through Shelby’s and Tyler’s things. We are gonna meet back up at the end of the week to go home.

“Alright guys, good luck” Mitch and I take turns hugging them.  I take the car seat Cass is in from Kyle and walk away with Mitch. “I feel terrible for Tyler” I whisper to Mitch and hold onto his arm with my free hand.

“Yeah I know. Everything is gonna be hard for him.” I keep silent as Mitch grabs our suitcases from the load off and we head out front. We look around for a bit until we spot Mitch’s mom and dad.

“MUM!! DAD!!!” Mitch goes over to them and hugs them. I stand behind with Cassidy.  Once Mitch is done with all the hugs his mom walks over to me and hugs me. Mitch talks to his dad as he loads up our bags.

“Oh Ashley! It’s nice to see you again! You look beautiful.” She says to me.

“Thanks and it’s awesome to see you also!”

“Is that my new granddaughter? Cassidy, Oooh She is too cute.” I take Cassidy out of her car seat and hand her over to his mom. “Mitch she has your eyes, and Ashley’s cheeks and mouth. I can’t believe it” She snuggles Cass. Mitch comes over and wraps his arm around my waist. I cuddle into him as we watch his mom and dad play with her. After a bit they hand her back and we head to their place.

Time skip>>>>>>>>

                Mitch’s mom opens the front door for us. Mitch and his dad grabbed the suitcase while I hold a screaming Cassidy.

“Where will we be staying?” I ask, anxious to feed Cass.

“Oh over here” She rushes down a small hall and opens a door. I say thanks and she leaves. I sit on the bed and grab a pillow. I set it in my lap, pull my shirt up, and lay her down to eat. She immediately stops fussing.  Mitch and his dad come into the room with the suitcases. As soon as his dad notices me he says sorry and walks out.

“OK then. I’m tired” Mitch lies next to me on the bed and wraps his arm around my back.

“Me too babe.” I say. He starts rubbing my back.

“Hey I was thinking. While we are here we should go around town. I don’t think you have seen too much of Canada have you? And maybe my mom will watch Cass for a bit”

“That sounds good. But I don’t know if I want to leave Cass. She was just born and all.”

“Come on! It will be fun.”

“Ok” I say. We stay there and things become quiet. I look at Mitch who is zoned off again. Seriously what is up with him? “Mitch are you ok?” It takes a few seconds for him to answer but he eventually nods a yes. I look at him suspiciously but dismiss it…again. Once I am done feeding Cass, we head into the kitchen and see Mitch’s mom cooking something.

“I am just starting dinner but you guys can snack on anything you want to. Mitch takes Cass from me and goes into the living room.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” I ask.

“Um not that I can think of at the moment. I am making casserole. But if I need anything I will ask.” She says. I sit on the counter and she starts talking about things like Mitch when he was younger, having a granddaughter, and other stuff as well. This will be a good trip.