Don't bother

Mitch’s Pov>>>>>>>(This entire chapter is a bunch of dialogue)

“Can you guys listen out for her in case we can’t hear her!” Ashley yells down to Kyle and Tyler. They mumble yeahs and Ashley and I head to our room. I need to tell her. I need to tell her everything.  She is gonna be mad but I need to.  What have I done?!

Ashley’s pov>>>>>>>>>

I open the door and look at Mitch who is lost in thought.

“Mitch!” I say.

“Yeah” He jolts himself up.

“You ok babe?”

“What? Yeah, I am fine” He says. I will let it slide….For now.  I pull out my phone and go to my contacts.

“Whose family should we call first?” I say.

“Either” I look for my mom’s number and dial it. It rings a few times until she answers.

“Ashley! How are you hun? It has been too long since we have talked. Oh are you coming to the reunion next weekend?”

“Hi Mum and Yeah I think I am going. I actually have some news.”

“What is it?”

“I..ummm…. I have a boyfriend” I say, trying to delay telling her. Why am I so scared? It’s just my mom.

“That’s great honey!”

“And there is more.” I pause. “I had a baby!” I say trying to be enthusiastic. I hear nothing. “Mum?” It takes a few moments for her to reply.

“So, you are pregnant?” she asks.

“Um, no I had my baby girl a couple days ago actually” She stays silent.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were pregnant when you found out? I don’t understand”

“Well I was really busy with my job and Mitch, and friends”

“Wait Mitch? Is that who you are dating?”

“Yeah”

“Ashley Mariee, You know how I feel about him. You knew that I didn’t want you being around him so much if you moved up there. Let me guess, He is the baby’s dad? Ashley I can’t believe it. He is irresposible! Hell! He couldn't even use protection and got you knocked up! You know he isn't going to stick around. He is a loser!”

“Mom! You know he is right here? And he has done the best he can since he found out. He is my best friend. You don’t know him. He has helped in too many ways to count. He gave me a beautiful baby girl and we are happy. Accept it or don’t” I say

“I don't care if he is right there. Don't bother trying to come next weekend . Don't bother calling again Ashley Mariee” she says harshly and hangs up. I start crying and Mitch holds me.

“Mitch…..I”m…..Sorry” I sob.

“Hey it’s ok baby. I am not the best person as your mom said, but you and Cassidy are my heart. I love you guys so much. Remember that?”

“Yeah. Why don’t we call your mum? Let’s get it over with” I say, still a bit shaky. Mitch grabs his phone and dials his mom’s number.

“Mitchell is that you? It has been a long time. Why you no pay your mom a call?” She is funny. That’s where Mitch gets it from.

“I know mum! Anyways I have Ashley here and we want to tell you something.”

“Hi Mrs. Hughes!”

“Hey Ash! And Anything. Shoot”

“Well I know we should have told you nine months ago but Ashley and I had a baby a couple days ago!”

“That’s great! But didn’t I teach you to rap it before you tap it!”

“MUM!”

“I’m just kidding honey. That is amazing. I am a grandma! Anyways why couldn’t you tell me when you guys sooner?”

“Well we have been super busy with all kinds of things and I guess we forgot.” I chime in.

“Ok but next time you have big news let me know ASAP please.”

“Yes mum” Mitch whines. He is too cute.

“How are you doing Ash? What is my new granddaughter’s name? I want to know everything”

“Well I am great and we named her Cassidy Rae Surcombe-Hughes. She is super adorable. Maybe soon we can visit Montreal.”
“That would be great! I will help pay for some of it if you want. I can’t wait to see you all.”

“We are very excited to be able to see you too. We will let you know when we can head out there Mrs. Hughes.”

“Oh Ashley call me mom! You are basically part of it now that you and Mitch Are together.  Ooh I have to go. I will talk to you guys later”

“Bye Mum!” Mitch and I say together.

“Bye guys” We hang up the phone and lie back on the bed. I snuggle into Mitch’s arms and let him hold me.

“I love your mom. She is always super nice” I say.

“Yeah, She is amazing” I nod and we lie there for a bit. I get up off him and go grab the laptop. “Watcha doing babe?”

“Looking at flights to Montreal” he nods. I take the laptop and sit on the bed. Mitch puts his arm around me as we look. I book a flight two weeks from now at 4 p.m. I close the computer and throw it on the end of the bed.  I look at Mitch who looks zoned once again. What is up with him? I sit on his lap and kiss him. He immediately kisses back and holds me. He turns me over so my back is on the bed and he is on me. We stay like that for a bit. Once we are done making out we lie down on the bed and fall asleep.

I wake up to the sound of crying next door. Mitch is still asleep. I get up quietly and softly and head to Cassidy’s room. I stop at the door and see a worried looking Tyler holding Cas. They are soo cute.

“Hey Tyler!”  I walk in and Tyler looks relieved. I take Cas from his arms and go to the rocking chair. I grab a pillow and blanket. I throw the blanket over her and feed her. “How long had she been awake?” I ask.

“She woke up about a half hour ago. She was fine at first. Kyle and I played with her and stuff, she started crying about ten minutes ago.”

“Where is Kyle anyway?”

“He went to go get dinner”

“OK” Tyler leaves the room and I sit there with Cassidy. I take a look around the room and take in everything. Wow. This is my life now.  I feel like it is all a dream. Once Cas is done eating I burp her and change her diaper. I head downstairs with her and see Tyler and Kyle talking. Once they notice me they become quiet. Ok then.

“what were you guys talking about?” I ask suspiciously. Tyler turns to Mitch.

“Uh nothing” Mitch says.

“OK” Kyle walks in the room with Mexican food. I put Cassidy in her swing and we all sit on the couch and eat. Once we are done eating I change Cass’s diaper. I go over to Kyle and put her in his arms. I put a movie on and go over to Mitch. I snuggle up to him and see Kyle and Tyler snuggled with Cassidy. The movie starts and we all zone into it.

 OK so this is kinda a filler chapter I guess. Ooooh what did Mitch do? What do you guys think he did? Let me know. Also leave a vote/ comment on the chapter if you can!