"I love cherries!" He showed her the ball, excitedly.

"Loves these stupid things. That's probably why he ate one." The father looked up from his cellphone.

"Joel!" The blond woman reprimanded, then turning to the doctor. "He did, actually. He swallowed the other one. Is he gonna be ok?"

"Here it is, on the X-ray." The intern pulled up the image.

"I can show you where it is. Hey, Gary, do you wanna show Dr. C what you showed me?" Owen suggested.

At that, the boy chuckled, lifting his shirt to show a blinking red light in his stomach.

"Whoa, Gary." Helena giggle along. "Why did you do that for?"

"It looked like a cherry."

"I bet it didn't taste like one, did it?" The brunette smiled, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"Does he need surgery?" The mother asked.

"Well, Gary's body has it own exit strategy. With smaller objects, we usually try to avoid surgery and the unnecessary risks that can come with it." She told the parents, then facing the boy. "Gary, I think we'll try to have you poop it." Helena nodded, making the boy chuckle, amused.

"Oh, that is going to hurt." The father chuckled along.

"Joel!" The mother let out, again.

"Well, maybe it will keep him from doing crap like this." He shrugged.

"We'll just keep him here overnight, and we'll make sure everything comes out ok." Helena nodded. "What do you say we have a sleepover, Gary?"

"Yeah." He nodded, in excitement.

"Can I stay with him?" The mother asked.

"Of course. We'll just have him transferred to the peds floor."

——

That night, Meredith, Amelia and Helena sat at the kitchen island, Alex putting the food he'd gone to pick up down.

"Oh, finally. God, what took so long?" Maggie walked into the kitchen.

"Whoa, relax. This was nice of me, remember?" Alex tried, as Helena reached for her cardboard box.

"I didn't know you were gonna make the food." Maggie sassed, sitting by the younger girl.

"She's cranky. Bailey hired a new cardio guy without telling her." Amelia informed.

"That's jacked." Alex nodded.

"Who is he?" Helena asked.

"Nathan Riggs." Meredith informed.

"It just means I'm gonna have to train another alpha male not to pee all over the place." The curly haired woman shrugged.

"I hate it when they pee." Meredith looked up from the clothes she was folding.

"Derek peed a lot." The man's sister nodded.