"No." She repeated.

"Ok. Then, when you want to, I'm here. Or if you don't want to, I'm here, too." Helena offered. "I'm just here."

"Thank you."

——

Later that day, Helena carefully covered a premature baby in the NICU, as April vented to her.

The redhead had brought to the hospital a little boy she'd met in Jordan, to try to get Jackson to operate on his tumors, on his hands. Problem was, she had lied about the severity of the case.

"And now Jackson wants to amputate." April told her. "He won't even try. He said it was hopeless. He- he asked me why I even brought Kamal to him." At that, Helena tilted her head, lifting a brow. "What?"

"April, come on... the scans were so bad you had to lie about them. You pretended they got lost. You lied. About a little boy, April." The brunette muttered, softly.

"I'm s- wh- what are you saying?" She narrows her eyes.

"Nothing..." Helena shook her head, walking out of the NICU and taking off her pink gown. Then, she took in a breath, before telling her friend. "I'm saying that I get it. I get what it's like when you feel like everything around you is falling apart, and you just need something to pull it together. Maybe not in the same way as you, but I get it. I just... if that's what you're doing, don't do it by giving a little boy false hope."

——

"Hey." Helena let out, finding Meredith at the hospital's church, Alex with her. "We were looking for you."

"Leave me alone..." She muttered.

"Since when do you pray?" Alex asked, each sitting on one of the blond's sides.

"I'm not."

"Or talk to God, or whatever." Alex shrugged.

"I'm not talking to God." She told them.

"Well, either way, I'd say it's a level up from talking to tequila." Helena judged her softly.

"I'm talking to Derek."

"Oh." Helena let out. "We'll go, then."

As they started to get up to leave, the general surgeon stopped them. "I'm trying. I've tried to rise. I've tried to teach her. But I just... don't think I can. I thought he might know what I'm supposed to do with her. Why she's here. I thought maybe he could tell me. So, I'm just gonna sit here and wait for some divine intervention or whatever."

"Ok." Helena nodded, moving Meredith's head closer to press a kiss to the top of it. "Ok."

——

"Gary, this is Dr. Campos." Owen introduced, DeLuca following her to the ER bed.

"Uh, Gary Walton, 14. Complaining of abdominal pain." The intern presented, handing the attending a tablet.

"Hi, Gary. I'm Dr. Campos, but you can call me Dr. C." She smiled, opening his file on the device. "How are we doing today?"

"This ball looks like a cherry." The kid pointed out, raising a small, red ball. "Do you like cherries?"

"Gary was born with some intelectual disabilities." The mother explained, behind him.

With a nod and a soft smile, Helena pulled a bench for herself. "I have to say, I'm more of a strawberry girl myself. Do you like cherries, Gary?"