Chapter 1:New car

"Okay,mister and miss Witwicky,your up." Sam and I get up and walk to the front of the class and Sam being Sam dumpes the bag all over the table.I wince as the old artefacts hit the table. Sorry,we have a lot of stuff."I apologized.I pause,about to speak when I get hit in the neck with a paper wasp.The whole room goes quite and I look for the person who throw it,then I see Trent looking at me with fear in his eyes.I started walking over to him but Sam then started the report.Okay,um.So,for our family genealogy report,we decided to do it on our great-great-grandfather,who was a famous man,Captain Archibald Witwicky.Very famous explorer.In fact, he was one of the first to explore the Arctic circle",Sam says while I'm holding up an old map of the Arctic circle"which is a big deal.In 1897,he took 49 brave sailors straight into the Arctic shelf.So that's the story,right?"I was holding some random instruments and showing them off"and here are some of the tools used by nineteenth century seamen."I looked down at the ground as the students laugh.My brown hair fell around my face.The teacher was holding a sign that said quite and the class settles down,first time for everything I thought."This here is the quadrant,which you can get for eighty bucks."Really Sam really".It's all for sale by the way.Like the,uh, the sextant here."The students laugh again."That's it I'm done with this I looked at the laughing students and I yelled"Shut the hell up!!!!" everyone got quite again",Sam continues on.There are pretty cool."he says while I hold a pair of cracked,small round glasses.There are our grandfather's glasses.I haven't quite gotten them appraised yet,but they have seen many cool things." "Are you going to sell me his liver?"The teacher interruts sarcastically at us." This isn't show and sell.It's the eleventh grade.I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what you two are doing."We know.we're sorry"me and Sam say that the same time.Then I start talking again.You know this is all going towards our car funds.You can tell you folks.It's on Sam's eBay.He takes PayPal.Cold hard cash works, too.And the compass makes a great gift for Columbus day." The teacher puts his head in his hands,exasperated."Theresa,Sam!"."Sorry.Um,unfortunately,our great-great-grandfather,the genius that he was,wound up going blind and crazy in a psycho ward,"I hold up a newspaper clipping and a drawing"drawing these strange symbols and babbling on about some,uh,giant ice man that he thought he'd discovered.The bell rings.And all the students pack up and start to head home."Okay.Might be a pop quiz tomorrow.Might not. Sleep in fear tonight.I look at the teacher and say "Really!"and with that I went outside were dad was parked waiting for Sam and I because I really don't want to be in the same room as Sam when he's giving the dream speech again.Ok now let me tell you about myself.Sam and I are brother and sister and I'm older than he by one year.I have short brown hair and I love to sing,draw,climbe trees,and read, and my eyes are the same colour as my hair.And I will always be there for Sam no matter what happens."Hello dad!".My father turns around and sees me and grins."Hi Theresa". How was school?" "Boring".I stated. Them I had a funny way to prank Sam."Hey dad?" "yes?" Do you want to prank Sam?"My dad smiled "what do you have in mind".Well you should drive throw the Porsche carlot,Sam's face will be priceless!".Just them Sam came running to the car."Well did we get an A or what?" I ask him."It's an A.A- but it's still an A thought." "Wait.Let me see.It is an A." dad finally agreed.Then me being me yelled"New cars here we come!". We then go to get our new cars. Dad turns into the Porsche dealership."Sam I have a surprise for you." I was trying so hard not to smile as Sam's face lights up."On dad!No you gotta be kidding me!". "Yeah,I am." Dad and I started laughing."What? You really think I'd get you a Porsche for you first car?"You guys think that's funny?" Sam says looking very disappointed."Yeah we think it's funny!"I couldn't contain my laughter anymore and I started to crack up big time.We head over to Bolivia's used cars and we pulled in and as we got out of the car I started looking for a car.I turned my head and I see two that Sam and I would like.The first one is a yellow Camero with black racing stripes on the top and the other one is a nice looking GMC topkick.I walk over and slide into the driver seat of the GMC"feels good".I mutter.I rub off the dirt on the horn I see a strange symbol.Sam goes to the Camero and gets in.I look at the dealer "How much for the truck"I ask from inside the truck "Well the truck 10,000 and the Camero is 5,000".I look at my dad hoping he would say yes but he said"I'm not paying over 8,000 for the truck and 4,000 for the Camero.The dealer looks at Sam and I and said"Get out of the cars kids"."But you said cars pick their drivers"Sam saids a little upset."Well sometimes they pick a driver with a cheap ass father.Out". As I was getting out of the truck I heard a loud slam.I looked over to see the passenger side door of the Camero hit the driver side of a buggy.The dealer got stuck and was calling for help.I started laughing...loud.He eventually manages to free himself and starts walking over to another car.The next thing I new I was on the ground and all of the cars Windows were shattered.The dealer got up with his mouth opened in shock and horror at the scene before him.He turned to Sam and I and said "4,000 for both!"I high fived Sam and then ran to my new truck and drove home with a smile on my face.