Chapter 41: Threats

Start from the beginning

Scarlet and Jacob were in Texas visiting their mom, and Danny and Crystal had been sent to one of Justin's clubs in New Orleans to oversee some problems. So we were missing some people but we were still having fun.

We had gone through about three comedy specials and I was now laying across the three guys' laps almost asleep. Jack was playing with my hair and it was lulling me into a sleep, which in these last few days had become a problem.

Everything had been calm but a few days ago I received an unmarked envelope at my club. When I opened it I found a letter with a treat from the red roses. The note basically said that they knew that I was looking into them and trying to find them and if I didn't back off I would regret it.

After Candy had made me tell Luke about the Red Roses we began an actual investigation to find them. We brought in Zeke, who was one of my more trusted people in the lower circles of the gang. We also decided to tell Tino so he could also start an investigation on the west coast.

About a month ago when we had finally caught a trail on a member of the Red Roses that was in a casino in Las Nevada that Linc's family happened to have hotels in we decided it was time to tell the boys. We had all become so much closer in the last months and if we really wanted to have a full-out search for these people we were going to need all the help we could get.

Though I haven't actually told anyone about the threat yet, not even Candy. I know that if I tell them they would freak the hell out and that's not something that we need right now. I was just about to fall asleep when my dad walked into the living room and stood in front of the tv.

Maya booed and he didn't even give her a look, which was unusual. He cleared his throat and Jack lifted me up and sat me in his lap to try and wake me up. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes slowly and brought my hand up to rub my eyes, "What do you want dad? I was trying to sleep."

"I could see that. But I need you to come up to my office with me, Elliot's on video call and is asking for both of us. He says that there's a problem."

The word 'problem' caught my attention and I stood, stumbling a little as my legs were still tingly. "What kind of problem?"

He shrugged, "That's the million-dollar question, just come with me so we can see what he wants, then I'll let you go back to sleep."

Slowly I got up to follow him upstairs to his office, but before we left the living room I gave the boys a look that said not to follow us the second we were upstairs. Once we got to his office I could already see uncle Elliot's face blown out on the dropdown screen that my dad had Candy install.

He was looking a little worse for wear, there were bags under his eyes, and he just looked stressed. I took my regular seat in one of the leather chairs in front of the desk, throwing my legs over the side. While my dad shut and locked the door behind us and sat at his desk turning to look at the screen.

"Can you see us, Elliot?"

"Yeah, I can. Thanks for getting her."

I looked up from my nails at the screen ready to get this over with and go to sleep. "So what's the problem? Is something wrong at the company?"

My uncle was shaking his head before he was even talking, "No, no nothing like that. The company is fine. This is something more personal."

I raised my eyebrows at that and motioned for him to continue. "we've been having some issues with Levi. He's been getting involved with local gangs in the area, ones that aren't associated with the North or Eaglesview. And apparently, he's been going around bragging to these people that his cousin is a big-time gang leader."