Epilogue

Few weeks before Minho and Jisung got together:

TW/Self harm

Minho is currently sound asleep in his bed since yesterday he was busy doing homework for a few of his classes. but alongside that, he made a plan on how he could take jisung on a date.

he planned to go out to a flower park he found online that was surprisingly not that far away from the school. after that, he wanted to take jisung to the beach and ask him there.

it was the perfect plan, he had everything he needed, what could possibly go wrong?

well, everything. just then, his phone started ringing. looking at the caller id, his mood suddenly changed. It was his father calling him, in the middle of the night, how reassuring!

don't you just love it when your demon of a father suddenly calls you in the middle of the night? I don't, I mean, who would?

picking up the phone, he immediately heard the voice he never wanted to hear ever again. "minho, is it true you're dating someone?" his father went straight to the point.

"no? why would I?" he lied, but being the cunning man his father is, he had evidence.

"oh really? then who's han jisung?" Minho gritted his teeth after hearing the old man's words

"he is no one, just leave him alone."

"by the way you are acting, you two must be pretty close," shuffling in the background was heard before the conversation continued. "by his grades, he seems pretty average. I don't like him."

"average? he is the most talented person I have ever met. don't you dare talk about him like that." minho was now getting furious.

"Fine, I won't bother him, it's not like I can anyways but can bother you, however." the old man's words perplexed minho quite a bit.

"what do you mean?" he asked.

"he is too average for you, you need to find someone on your level and I have the perfect candidate. her name is Seonie, she is my high school friend's daughter, you'd like her. high grades, perfect performances, outstanding voice, confidence through the roof and she is quite beautiful."

"why would I date someone I don't even know?"

"becuase your dream is on the line, debuting is your dream, right? if you don't leave the boy, I'll make sure to blacklist you everywhere. I'll ruin your career before it even takes off."

Minho was silenced by his own father's words. he couldn't believe his father would go to extreme lengths just for this.

"so which is it? jisung or your dream?"

and that's how minho ended up cheating on jisung. he really wanted to tell jisung the truth but he was too afraid that he might hate him for choosing his dream over their relationship.

when minho had heard about jisung transferring to hybe from the others, he started to feel extremely guilty because he just ruined several relationships between them and the squirrel boy just because he was too greedy with his dream of debuting.

not only that, but a year later, his father passed away in a car accident. he was split between the joy of freedom and sadness due to the loss of his own father.

his father helped him a lot in achieving his dreams. he was thankful for a lot of stuff he learned from him since it was his father who taught him how to dance in the first place.

Minho was very overwhelmed by all the stress that he started having breakdowns during the night, his focus was lost during some classes, and his mood dropped significantly.

he also developed depression in the midst of all of this. sometimes, when all of the stress gets too far, he resorts to pain.

he would go to the bathroom at night with a blade in his hand. he made cuts all over his wrist and arm until he was satisfied.

he felt guilty for everything that happened. the other grew to hate jisung, his father passed away, and now Jeongin also left.

he mind kept telling him that it was his fault that everyone was suffering. it was his fault that everyone grew hatred for their once best friend.

it was his fault that jisung left him.

hyunjin moving into jisung's old room helped minho quite a bit since the younger always brightened up the mood. the urges would still come but hanks to his new therapist that he visits every weekend, he was able to resist them.

the group was also doing better, since jisung and jeongin were gone, seungmin and minho took up their lines and positions.

2 years later (this is currently happening a few days before the events of diamond's first chapter)

while the group was practicing, they were suddenly called by the principal since he wanted to talk to the group.

"in a few days, students from all different schools will start coming to our school to compete in this year's, national competition. I want your group to represent our school."

after thinking for a while, they finally agreed.