♕ 1 | 1 | 3 ♕

Act 3 Chapter 113ALEXANDER

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Act 3 Chapter 113
ALEXANDER

Alexander was going to drown himself in the decorative pool a few paces away.

Adrik was saying something, but he didn't listen. He only heard Jaylah's laughter afterward. Adrik was not looking at him. Neither of them were. They were in their own little world, which made Alexander have to physically hold back a gag.

If Adrik was not a Czarevich, Alexander would have wrung his neck for inserting himself. Why could he not tell when he was unwanted? Though, as he watched the way Jaylah looked up at Adrik, he realized that sentiment was only true for one of them.

He'd really gotten himself into deep shit this time, hadn't he?

Usually he could escape from unsavory problems with ease, but this was not one he knew how to stop. And even if he knew how to, would he even want to walk away without feeling the need to come running back? 

Adrik made another joke, which dragged another breathy laugh from Jaylah. Alexander had to make sure he wasn't scowling. The joke hadn't even been funny; Adrik completely butchered the punch line. How was Adrik making her laugh so much? Did he even know how precious the sound of it was?

Perhaps Alexander was just not funny enough. He'd been trying, but she only smiled once, and even then she tried to hide it. Was she embarrassed to look like she was enjoying his company? Dread dripped down his spine. Or was she embarrassed of him?

"—get some lunch. Being lectured by my father made me work up an appetite," Adrik was saying.

"That sounds perfect." Jaylah looked so unexpectedly to Alexander that there was a strange flutter in his stomach; normally she didn't meet his eyes in Adrik's presence. "Khan and I were discussing it, actually."

"Oh, how lovely." He hated that Adrik seemed genuinely delighted. "You've got to eat with us. Her Majesty's cooks make such magical dishes they could be tried for witchcraft."

Suddenly, Alexander's stomach opened into an empty pit. "Actually, I have no appetite right now. Perhaps another time."