♕ 1 | 5 | 1 ♕

Act 4 Chapter 150ALEXANDER

Act 4 Chapter 150
ALEXANDER

Not a drop of blood sprayed on Alexander's clothing as he slit the imperial guard's throat. That didn't matter though. He was already drowned in it.

The doors made a grand cracking noise as he forced them open. All the eyes inside turned to the entryway, their raised voices dulling to nothing when they saw the sea of bodies he stood amidst.

All those rich men simply sitting on their asses and arguing about minute political details while supply carts could not be transported through the cities due to the roads being blocked by their peoples' emaciated corpses. They were greedy and cruel and disgusting excuses for human beings, much less leaders. Only someone just like them would have the balls to get rid of the problem completely. To make them feel the same hurt they caused others simply because it made things easier for them.

Alexander stood there a moment, allowing them to see him and know that he would be their final sight. He looked into the eyes of Lavr Kolesov, a leader who oversaw the growth of the Navrikan military. The man who was elected into his position by promising he would personally ensure the end of child soldiers. And yet there were boys as young as twelve in the group of soldiers Ermalai had shipped over to Oceana a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, Kolesov said nothing more on the issue once he was settled in the manor bought with his new salary.

Had Alexander not been stolen away by the Oceanics, he would have been made a soldier the day he turned ten years old. With the loss of so many citizens, military leaders grew desperate. They would have used him as cannon fodder on the front lines of the Red War.

He saw the poorly aged face of Bogdan Teterev, governor of the southern province Alexander used to live in. The man that made Alexander's mother cry when he decided the taxes on Etharian medicine she needed for her injured knee were too expensive. But why was Teretev fat and living in a castle by himself while Alexander's mother's leg never healed?

Yeah, Alexander was a shitty person. Perhaps it was hypocritical of him to condemn these men for their actions while his own list of crimes was likely a kilometer long. But their world was not an even playing field. If these men got to play dirty, so would he.

"Have a quick fall to the Hounds, you pricks," he said before activating the bomb in his pocket and lobbing it to the center of the room. Fumes came up from the floor and rapidly expanded upward. The men inside had no time to even utter a cough before Alexander flicked on his lighter and threw it into the smoke.

Boom. The gas caught in an immediate cloud of fire. Alexander rushed to swing the iron doors shut before the billowing fumes could envelop him too. Then he barred the doors. Aegeus Imperator had asked for no survivors.

When he left, Alexander walked right over the bodies of the slain. Behind him, a cacophony of screams and pounding on the door echoed into the hall. He smiled.