♕ 1 | 5 | 0 ♕

Act 4 Chapter 150ALEXANDER

Act 4 Chapter 150
ALEXANDER

The chilling wind ruffled Alexander's hair as he stared out at the path she had disappeared down so long ago. Below him were the thousands of bodies she had torn apart with those rifles. He saw it with his own eyes from the secret spot he'd been watching from. They were frighteningly efficient.

The smell of blood still lingered in the air. Alexander did not make any move to bury or honor any of the dead. He did not know them. Any men foolish enough to fall into Aegeus Imperator's trap for so long deserved what they got; they were not strong enough to truly turn the tide for Navrika anyway.

His breath fogged in the air as he recalled the desperation with which she'd tried to get him to safety. So she hated him enough to be malicious, but did not want him dead. He'd seen the way she broke when she thought he was.

She only wanted him when she could not have him.

He tilted his head. So many bodies. She had exceeded his expectations by even finding them in the expanse of the mountain range, much less finding them before he did with word straight from Imperator himself. She always was clever.

Just not clever enough.