Chapter 44 - Words

Y/n spent hours reading the book but didn't really understand as to why he would want her to read the book.

"It's normal literature, why even-"

She then spotted the highlighted words and went through them individually, realizing they were actually secret messages that were given by him.

She then flipped to the very first page of the chapter and re-read the highlighted words only to decipher what he wanted to say.

She read the first highlighted words that were a quote:

'You've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.'

She then pondered as she tilted her head, reading through the other pages that followed the quote.

"I" "Actually" "Fell" she flipped through the pages as she read the words that were highlighted.

"For" "You..." She muttered the words by herself, feeling her heart beat faster. 

"From..the first time...I laid...my..eyes on...you."

She let out a gasp and widened her eyes as she read the other words that talked about his true feelings for her and teared up by the time she reached the last highlighted quote:

'You are mine and I know we look perfect together.'

She smiled to herself, letting her tears fall out, clenching her heart with happiness when he finally got through to her the words that she yearned the most.

Kageyama was staring out the window at the night sky, sighing as he wondered if she was able to make out what he wanted to convey to her, smiling at the fact that he might have been able to already confess to her without actually using any words, but faded upon the realization that they cannot yet be together because of Mei.

The next few days weren't as bad since Y/n have completely calmed down, knowing Kageyama's real motive behind whatever he was doing. Kageyama, on the other hand, was still being how he usually was with Mei and had no contact with Y/n yet, deciding that the only time he can finally be away from Mei is in the summer camp, since only the volleyball team and the managers can attend the camp.

After the exams were over, It was the day the team goes for the summer camp, but Hinata and Kageyama wouldn't be able to join the team just yet since they needed to attend the supplementary classes as they fluked their exams.

As the Karasuno team reached the camp and started practicing with the other teams, of course, by constantly losing in the process and having their penalties done as a part of their training.

Hinata and Kageyama planned to make it to the camp after their supplementary classes and more than the game and anything, Kageyama was more excited to finally be able to talk to Y/n without having to hide from Mei or anyone she knows.

After all the practices were done for the day, all the managers gathered as they prepared the feast for the boys and called the boys to eat once the dinner table was ready. Once they were done having their fill, some went to their dorms to call it a day, while some stayed back to practice even more or to catch up with their friends from other teams.

Y/n was helping the others to clean up the table when Hinata called out to her.

"Y/n."

She looked at him, who motioned her to come over.

She just walked towards him and tilts her head when she sees him smile wide.

"You need to go to the boys' changing room."

She frowned at him. "Huh? why??"

He rolled his eyes.

"Just go. Please, If you won't he's gonna beat me up." Hinata folds his arms and looks away shyly.

She giggled silently and nodded. "Fine, I will."

She looks at Kiyoko and excuses herself before going over to the boys' changing room.

She knocked on the door and waited for an answer, only to have it open right after.

The room was dark since the lights were off, but the dim lights from the moonlight helped her to see around the room after she entered.

She turned around to see Kageyama standing with his back against the door, smiling slightly at her upon making eye contact.

"Hey." He rubbed the back of his head and looked at away shyly.

"Hey.." She smiled back at him.

There was an awkward silence between them for a while before she looked at him.

"What did you call me in here for?" She asked.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to see you up close." He looks at her before walking towards her.

He walked too close to her, eventually backing her off against a wall, and places his hand on the wall.

"Isn't this too close?" She asked, blushing as she looked at him.

"Well, does it matter?" He shrugged.

"Others might spot us."

"Which is why I left the lights turned off. With this amount of darkness, only the ones in this room can see us." He whispered, leaning his forehead on the wall as he looked down at her.

"You..read everything in the book, did you?" 

She nodded while looking away.

He smiled and placed his finger under her chin, pulling her chin up to have her look at him.

"I'm sorry for doing whatever I was without telling you but, If I did tell you first, it wouldn't seem as realistic to her so I had to make it look like it was all rea-"

She placed her finger on his lips and smiled while shaking her head.

"I don't need any explanation. Everything is clear to me now."

He smiled at her and nodded, taking her hand off his lips and softly kissing it.

"I know that you want to hear those words from me, but I will tell those words once I make things official between us. After showing everyone Mei's true colors."

She nodded and looks at him.

"I can wait."

He smiled and steps back as he looks at her.

"You better get back, I assume I have interrupted whatever you were doing."

"Y-yeah, I forgot about that." She shakes her head and rubs her forehead.

He smiled and steps aside, giving her way to walk out.