Chapter 42 - Insomnia

It was finally the weekend and Y/n was basically asleep even though it was around 12 pm due to the deprivation of sleep she's had from the past few nights due to overthinking.

"Kageyama! Y/n isn't picking up her phone."

Hinata shouted as he ran out of home, with Kageyama on the call.

"What? What do you mean she's not picking up the call??" Kageyama, who was hanging clothes on the clothes line, shouted back.

"I don't know! She doesn't usually stay asleep till afternoon, does she?"

Kageyama felt his heart skip a beat in panic.

"Are you on your way to her home?" He asked.

"Yes." Hinata panted. "Almost there."

"Let me know wh-"

Before he completed his sentence, Hinata puts the phone in his pocket while ringing the bell, and the door was answered by Y/n's mother.

"Hello. I'm Hinata Shoyo, Y/n's classmate. Is ahe here?"

He asked while heaving for breath.

She guided him to Y/n's bedroom and he slowly walked in.

"Y/n..?" He whispered as he looks closely at her. "Helloooo?"

He hummed and looked around, before sitting on a chair that was there in her room.

'It makes me look like a weirdo for showing up uninvited, huh?' he thinks to himself as hd looks around.

On the other side of the line, Kageyama tried reaching out to Hinata, not knowing that his phone was in his pocket.

"Boke!! Tell me how she's doing. Is she ok???"

After a couple of unheard words he clicked hid tongue and hung up the call to call him again. But as he was about to do that, he got a text from Mei.

'Call me.'

He rolled his eyes. "No, YOU call me, dumb wh*re.."

He muttered before dialing her number.

After around an hour, Y/n woke up and sat in her bed while rubbing her eyes.

"Y/n!!" Hinata jumped happily and went to sit beside her. "You pulled a good one on me."

"Hm? What do you mean?" She looks at him.

"You weren't picking up my calls so i kinda got worried." He mentioned.

She looks at her phone and sees s couple of missed calls from him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I kept my phone on silent since i was trying to sleep. Haven't really been able to sleep these nights." She yawned.

"It must be hard for you isn't it?" He asked as he looked at her pitifully.

She looks at him and smiled. "Thank you for being here for me though. I'm really grateful to have a friend like you."

Hinata felt a little sad looking at her and stretched his arms.

"You know, Natsu says i give the beeessttt hugs. I guess you can use one right now. Even though it's not as good as Kageyama's..."

Y/n looks at him and hugged him tight, crying onto his shoulders.

"You didn't have to hold it in." Hinata told and smiled.

"What did I do to deserve this?" She sniffed.

Hinata widened his eyes before tearing up upon hearing those words.

"The worse sin anyone could do.." he spoke bravely through his tears. "Is to make someone feel that they deserved the bad things they're going through."

He quickly wiped his tears and smiled at her after pulling away.

"But everything comes with a price. Good or bad."

He says and wipes her tears.

"He's behaving so... differently.." she looks away.

"Kageyama?" He tilts his head and she nodded.

"I know, but hey. You don't have to think about him anymore. I mean, don't think about him if it makes you feel insecure or anything bad."

He tried to cheer her up but was also confused and flustered.

"I... I'll go freshen up first." She told and he nodded as he let her go.

He then takes his phone and tries to dial Kageyama, bur he was directed to the mailbox since he was currently busy in another call.

"Bakayama.." he huffed and dialled his number again.

"I might mess things up if you don't advise me, Kageyama!!"

Hinata stomped his foot on the floor while looking at his phone.

"Advise on what?"

She asked.

"Uh..." He looks away. "On...on my spikes." He smiles at her.

"Hm? What about it?

Kageyama was in his bedroom now, laying on his bed with a straight face.

"M-Matsuda.." he sat up. "I gotta go, My sister's coming today so there's a lot I need to prepare."

"Aww, let sissy in law know i said hi!!"

He rolled his eyes. "I will."

"K bye, love you."

"Lo-Me too."

He told and hung up.

He then threw his phone on the bed and covered his mouth with his hands before running then through his hair.

"That made me wanna throw up. This is disgusting."

He told himself before looking st his phone.

"Hinata! Y/n! I forgot about them."

He quickly took his phone before dialling Hinata's number that were all unanswered.

"Pick up the phone, God...." Kageyama rubbed his forehead as he sat on the bed.

Hinata hung up on him before sending him a text.

'with Y/n. Ttyl.' he sent.

Kageyama red his text and breathed in and out.

'what happened? She ok? All good?'

He sent and deleted the message in case Mei was to check on his phone again.

'Yup. She just slept in because of insomnia.'

Insomnia....

That word was enough to make him realize how bad things were getting.

'I need to get things with Matsuda done quickly so i can make up with Y/n.' he thought to himself as he grabbed the phone in his hand and stared at the wall.