Chapter 9 - Revenge

The next day when Y/n got ready for school, she walked out the door and was surprised to see Kageyama already standing there.

"Good...morning.." She greeted as she looked at him and walked towards him. "Since when have you been here?"

"I-I was just passing by." He looks away embarrassed. "I wasn't waiting here for you or anything." 

"But, your house isn't anywhere near mine, you live in a different block..."

'Damn it, she knows..' He thinks

They both have a small pause before he huffs and starts walking.

She walks closely behind him and pulls out her phone as she followed him. She was texting one of her friends and giggled as they texted back and forth.

"What's funny?" He asked while still looking ahead, with his hands in his pocket.

"Oh, nothing." She shakes her head. "Was just talking to one of my friends."

Y/n's phone then rang and she immediately answered it.

"Hey, Hana-chan!" Y/n answered.

She talked to her friend on the phone and Kageyama couldn't help but listen to their conversation.

"Eh?? This weekend?" Y/n exclaimed. "But, I'm not sure, but I'll see..." Y/n sighed.

"Please!!!" Her friend's voice could be heard and Y/n pulled the phone away from her face for a moment and winced reacting to how loud Shoko was.

"Fine! Where and when?" She heaves a breath. "Weekend, at noon, Hillside mall. Got it." Y/n nods. "But if this is another of your prank, I swear I'm never talking to you again!" 

Kageyama was still listening to her and looks at her at the corner of his eyes as she hangs up the call.

"What's up?" He asks.

"She called me to hang out with her this weekend." She groans. "I thought I could stay at home for once and do me."

Kageyama nods and looks ahead before looking back at her. "What did you mean with a prank?"

Y/n looks at him. "Ah..she's a prankster. So she usually does jokes like this all the time." She places a finger on her chin and looks down. "It's been a while since I talked to her though, she wanted to meet up because she says I kinda got lost in touch with the school, being a manager and work."

Y/n then looks at him who was already looking at her. "Do you wanna tag along?"

This question caught him off-guard and he looked away.

"H-huh? Nonsense. I don't waste my weekend on something other than volleyball." He answered and immediately regrets what he just said.

"Hm, I see." She nods understandably. "If you say so."

Kageyama was a little aggravated and internally face palmed himself.

As they reached the school, they stopped in their tracks as he looks at her.

"Should we-"

Y/n nods, seeming to understand what he wanted to say, and held his hand. He smiled a little, holding her hand back and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Your hand's really small." He commented.

Y/n felt him squeeze her hand and blushed slightly, although making sure that no one notices it.

"Y-your hand's just bigger compared to mine!" She stuttered and looks down.

"Either way, it's smaller." He smirked.

Y/n looks at him and smiled, seeing him smiling more than often. 

When they entered the hallway, everyone looked at Y/n and Kageyama as they made their way to their class.

"I will prove all of you wrong. You'll all know soon that she's a keeper." He mutters while pushing through the crowd.

Right before they could enter the class, Issei stood in front of Kageyama to block his way and looks at him in an intimidating way.

"What are you doing here?" Kageyama glares at him.

His other friends surrounded him and Y/n while all the other students just looked on.

Kageyama got into protective mode and pulled Y/n closer to him as he looked at them.

"You need to pay back for what you did to me the other day." Issei had an evil smirk on his face.

"Y/n, stay close," Kageyama whispers to her as he wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"Huh? You're still planning on sticking for her?" Issei remarked and laughed out loud and so did his friends.

His friends struggled to pull Y/n away from him, while Kageyama looked at her, trying to grab hold of her but felt a sharp blow to his stomach. Issei had punched him when he was distracted and gave another blow on his cheek, enough to send Kageyama landing on the floor.

Y/n struggled to break free since she was held by two of the friends, as she looked at Issei landing blows and kicks on him.

When Y/n was finally able to break free, she quickly ran and stood in front of Kageyama, her arms stretched out, and look at Issei with a glare.

Issei looks at her and scoffed. "You look so pitiful." he laughed before walking away with his friends.

The other students still looked at them as they surrounded them. Y/n knelt down and tended to Kageyama, who was injured and bruised up.

"Let's get you to the nurse's office." She says and helps him stand up before walking with him slowly to the nurse's office.

In the nurse's office, Y/n took the first aid kit and took some cotton pads, dabbing it on his bleeding injuries, to which he winced in pain.

Y/n withdrew her hand upon looking at his expression and held up her tears as she looked at his current condition.

When she was done with his first aid, she turned around to put the kit back in the drawer as he still sat on the chair. Having he back face against him, she silently cries, feeling bad for dragging him into all of this mess. She placed her hand over her mouth to hide her whimper cries.

Kageyama stared at her back, noticing that she wasn't moving for a few minutes and didn't really realize why she was just standing there.

"What's taking you so long?" He asks, raising his eyebrow.

She wipes her tears and takes a deep breath before turning around and walking towards him.

"Just spaced out." She says and noticed that he was staring at her in a concerned way.

"What happened?" she asks.

"Why are you lying?" He stands up. "Your eyes and nose are red." He frowns. "You were crying, weren't you?

Y/n didn't have any excuse to defend herself with and so she just looked down with a sigh.

"This wouldn't have happened to you if it wasn't because of me.."