Chapter 43 - Interaction

It was finally the exam week and everyone were focused on their exams and studying hard, well, except for Kageyama and Hinata since they weren't too good at studying.

Fortunately for Hinata, he was in constant guidance under Y/n while for Kageyama, his 'study dates' with Mei wasn't as productive with her being so all over him.

Kageyama was currently in one of those 'study dates' where he was attentively trying to focus on their math exam the next day.

"This is all so boring." She told abd kay her head on his lap, with him looking at her with an annoyed look on his face.

"You need to get back to studying. Exam starts tomorrow." He told while trying to pull himself away.

"Why are you so into this anyway?" She wraps her arms around him and takes a closer look at him.

"Don't tell me you're resisting me by trying hard to focus on studies." She giggled.

He looks away, disgusted by the fact that she had her arms around him.

"Why are you so clingy?" He huffed.

"Why not? You're mine after all." She got on to his lap and played with his hair.

He gave her the death stare before she rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll let you study. But give me a kiss to shut me up."

She told and puckered her lips while closing her eyes.

Kageyama flinched at her and hesitated before shutting his eyes shut and giving her a quick peck.

"Thank you." She smiled.

He turned his head away from her and made a weird face from the unpleasant experience before wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

He then looks at a novel that he brought with him by mistake and thinks for a while before smiling.

After leaving Mei's home, he got back to his home and sat on the chair of his study table, opening the novel that he had with him and started highlighting words while reading the book.

In about two hours, he completed highlighting them before closing the book and going to bed.

The next day early in the morning, he called Hinata to his place really early in the morning and Hinata was waiting out of Kageyama's home while leaning against the streetlight with a sleepy and drowsy face.

Kageyama clicked his tongue upon looking at him and walked towards him.

"Listen to me, give this book to Y/n. Tell her to read the book."

He told and handed him the book.

"Hey, Kageyama, you think making her read this book will make everything alright?" Hinata yawned while mocking him.

"Just give it to her. It's not like someone like you will understand that anyway. Give it to her after the school and tell her to read it at home."

Kageyama huffed and told him before walking back inside and slamming the door on his face.

Hinata takes a look at the cover of the book and scratches his head before shrugging and walking away.

Later at school after the exams were done, Kageyama looks at Y/n and sees how pale and frail she's become from the past few days, and he couldn't do anything at the moment even if he wanted to.

At the end of the school, Everyone were packing up their bags to get ready to go home. Y/n was at it too when her pen rolled off the table and fell on the floor.

Kageyama picked up the pen and walked towards her while handing it out to her.

Y/n looked at him, while he calmly looked at her, without giving a smile, but his eyes speaking a thousand words to her at the same time.

She looks down at his hand to see her pen and holds the other end of the pen, looking at him after that since he wasn't letting go, and his eyes were still fixated on her.

He slowly moved his hand without letting the pen go until he held her hand, catching her in surprise as she widened her eyes and looks at him, feeling the warmth and familiar touch that she missed.

Kageyama gave a faint smile, holding onto her cold hands before letting it go as he walked towards Mei, who was looking at him with a frown.

Luckily, he had his back facing her so she couldn't see what was happening few moments prior.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I was just helping her out, I didn't even talk to her."

Kageyama huffed and looked away while putting his hand in his pocket, not wanting to let Mei ruin the sweet short interaction he was able to get after quite a long time.

"Let's just go." Mei hd his arm and walked with him as he sighed and nodded.

Kageyama smiled to himself, his eyes sparkling in joy and was paying no attention to Mei at all her blabbering, remembering that wholesome even that happened with Y/n, which was like a drop of water on a hot sunny day. He closed his hands into a fist in his pocket, not wanting the feeling of her hand go just yet.

On the other hand, Hinata dropped Y/n off at her home and was walking away but remembered the book Kageyama gave.

"I forgot to give you something!!" He yelled while running towards her as he opened his bag in the process.

He then takes out the novel and gives it to her.

"Kageyama told you to read this." He smiled cheerfully.

"To..me?" She asked a little surprised and Hinata nodded.

She smiled at him and takes the book, before waving at him and closing the front door.

Without wasting any time, she hurried to her room and opened the book, reading through the highlights he made for her, widening her eyes as she reads them.