Chapter 31 - Hana

Kageyama seemed to be in high-spirits after texting and went on about his day normally.

After the classes were over for the day, though, he rushed somewhere else rather than the usual- gym.

He panted by the time he reached a park that was around ten minutes away from the school, and entered the park, sitting on the first bench that was there, as instructed in the text.

He waited for a while and leaned back to rest, when he heard a familiar voice.

"What's up, Kageyama?"

A familiar voice was heard. He opened his eyes and looked at the person in front of him.

"Why'd you call me to meet you here all of a sudden? It's not like we're friends or anything." 

Hana teased before sitting down beside him.

"Y-Yeah...I know..." Kageyama scooted a little for her and looked down. "There's just something that I need to talk about.."

Hana looks at him then hummed before tilting her head, noticing his sad demeanor. 

"When I saw you in the mall and when I'm seeing you now, I see two completely different people.." She remarked but then shakes her head.

"Anyway, what do you want to talk about?"

Kageyama sighed. "Where do I start..?"

He then explained to Hana everything that happened the previous day.

"Oh...A small fight huh?" She giggled. "Don't worry, she rarely gets mad, but when she does, just give her some time to cool off, and you're good to go!" She smiled with a thumbs up.

"But...." He shakes his head. "Yamamoto...Did she tell you anything about me?" He asked.

"Huh..? No..." She shakes her head. 

"Is it..possible to know what she's thinking somehow? You know her since middle school.." He looked at her.

"Not unless you ask.." She shrugged.

He sighed again and looked down.

"Actually..." He started while Hana looked at him. "I love her, I do, I really do."

"Well duh!! You're both in a relationship for a reason." Hana rolled her eyes.

"That- isn't even a real relationship.." He looks at her.

"HUH??!!!!" Hana widened her eyes.

"You know the rumour that's been going on about her. We forged a fake relationship to get rid of the rumours and let it die.." He looked away. 

"So everything that you had..wasn't real..?" She asked.

"No, I mean yes." He shakes his head and rubbed his forehead. "Actually, She told me that she loved me and I'm happy that she reciprocated my feelings, you know... And of course, I love her too, I did ever since the first time I saw her in middle school...but.."

Hana whistled as he spoke. "But I never saw you anywhere near her in middle school. That's a little hard to believe."

Kageyama looked at her. 

"It's just, I'm bad with words, okay? And I can't even move when she is around me. I still get the chills in my spine, and the stiffness in my joints whenever I see her, telling how and what I feel about her is something that I can't even think of doing ." He told sadly.

Hana pats his back. 

"Help me out, Yamamoto.." He looked at her. "I don't wanna lose her again. I don't want to let her go, not after knowing that she loves me too."

Hana thought for a while and then nodded with a sigh.

"We're in different schools so it might be difficult, but I'll try my best. I think it's still best if you give her some time to cool off."

She told and he nodded with a smile.

"Thank you, Yamamoto, you're a life-saver."

Hana smiled and stands up as she was ready to leave.

"By the way, since you know how I feel, can you at least let her know?" Kageyama looks at her.

"Hm?" She looks at him and scoffed. "Baka, why do you want me to ruin a sweet and romantic opportunity? That's in your hands, not mine." She grinned. "My part of the deal is to know what's going on in her mind, right? I'm going to law school after I graduate, so you can't fool me without evidence that the deal is something else too." She joked.

Kageyama sighed with a smile. "What's the proof that the deal was only to talk to her then?"

"Don't worry, my phone was recording our conversation." She joked as she walked away, waving at him as left.

Kageyama reached just in time for Y/n to leave her part time.

She exited the store to see him and sighed as she walked past him.

"How was work?" He smiled and asked.

"Good." She said sternly.

'Atleast she's responding!! Great work, Tobio!!'  he smiled wide.

"Wanna grab a bi-"

"I'm tired so I'm just gonna go home." She cut him off.

She felt her heart beat fast and walked faster to avoid contact with him.

'I love you...' Kageyama started thinking how to confess, then shook his head.

'You are the only one I love....besides volleyball....'

He stared at the sky.

He kept thinking that he didn't realize she have reached home and even entered it.

He then finally found one and looked ahead to see her gone.

"Y/n-"

He sighed and scratched his head with a smile.

"GOOD NIGHT!" He screamed at the top of his lungs to make sure she heard it before walking away.