Chapter 13 - Hangout

"Well..." He sighs with a smile and looks at her. "I'm not quite sure." He shrugs. "I don't know what I feel anymore, it's just..different." He scratches the back of his head then looks at her.

"How'd you know if you're into someone?" He asks.

"H-huh?!" She looks at him a little flustered. "I-I don't really have a proper answer for that." She looks down and hums.

"But I remember asking mom once how she knew if dad was the one." She looks at him. "She just told me that she knew that because she wanted to have him for a lifetime." 

Kageyama widened his eyes and then frowned. "Huh?! How are we supposed to understand what that means?" 

Y/n just looks ahead and laughs awkwardly. "I don't really know yet..."

His face eases up and then cleared his throat. "W-well, did you feel anything like that for Oikawa-san?" he asks and she immediately shakes her head.

"That wasn't anything close to love. I admired him and liked him. Nothing beyond that." She sighed.

'I feel something different towards you though, some feeling like warm, fluffy, nice....' she thought and shakes her head. 'w-what..? I'm not even making any sense right now.'

She looks at him.

'Perhaps, I love your company, I always have.' She smiled before looking back ahead.

'D-damn it' Kageyama thought with a stiff expression. 'Want someone for a lifetime?' He huffs silently then looks at her. 'Do I want her for a lifetime?' 

He stares at her while continuing to walk, and stopped walking all of a sudden. Y/n noticed that she was walking alone and looked back to see him looking at the ground.

"Tobio-kun?" She mumbles and then walks over to him.

He didn't seem to hear her call him and was met with her eyes when she shook him by his arm.

"Are you okay?" She asks, looking at him.

He just stares at her eyes, being a little lost, while she stared back, waiting for his reply.

After a long pause, she decided to say something.

"Tobio-ku-" 

She didn't complete her sentence when he leaned forward and touched her forehead with his, closing her eyes for a moment, while grabbing her arms.

Y/n blushed hard with this gesture and looked at him to see his calm expression.

Kageyama realized his position and opened his eyes as he blushed hard and pulled away. "L-Let's keep walking." He told while looking away.

The next day, Y/n walked out of home and Kageyama was already there again, waiting for her.

"You're 5 minutes late." He looks at her.

"Geez, I'm sorry, O-sama." She chuckled.

Kageyama looks annoyed as he huffed and looked away. "I'm not the king anymore." He grunted.

"Okay, okay.." She smiled and walked beside him. "I'm so glad it's finally the weekend tomorrow. I can hang out with my friend." She sighed happily.

Kageyama looks at her, seeming hesitant to ask her something. She looks at him and tilts her head.

"You look like you wanted to tell something, what is it?" She asked.

"I-I-I was thinking.." He looked ahead and scratched the back of his head. "I've been thinking about this all night, actually..." He muttered and started mumbling something that wasn't audible.

"Ha? Tobio-kun I can't make out your words." Y/n raised her eyebrow.

Kageyama clenched his fist as he got the courage to look at her and ask. "Can I join as well?" He raised his voice and Y/n just stared at him.

After a small pause, Kageyama continued. "Th-there might be someone from school t-t-to see you and I don't want them to think that you're there by yourself."

Y/n blinks and burst out in a small giggle, looking at him right after. "Sure, I wanted you to join us anyway." She smiled.

He smiled back and looked ahead, eventually holding her hand. She looked at him and he sighed. "We're almost reaching school, that's why I held it."

Y/n smiled and nodded, holding his hand back while Kageyama lightly squeezed her hand.

-Time skip to the next day-

At around half hour before noon, Y/n was getting ready when she received a text from Kageyama.

'You ready yet? I'm already out of your home.'

'Coming in a bit.' She replied and took her bag, walking downstairs.

"Mom, I'll be back in a few hours. Going to meet a friend." She says.

"Okay, take care!" Her mother said.

She walked out and saw Kageyama, smiling at him.

"You look good." She complimented him.

"Wha-" Kageyama was flustered. "Y-you too.." He says.

They reached the mall and waited in a cafe inside the mall where they agreed to meet. Both Y/n and Kageyama were seated at a table while they waited.

"She's taking a long time," Y/n whined as she looks at her phone.

"Who's she anyway?" Kageyama looks at her.

"Oh, she's-"

"Y/nnie!"

Y/n was cut off by her friend, Hana, and Y/n turned around to see her, smiling happily as she stood up. 

"Hana!" She held her hand.

"Y-Yamamoto!" Kageyama looks at her and stands up, surprised.

"Kageyama..?" Hana looks at him, noticing him only just then. "Y/n, why is Kageyama with you..?" She smirks.

"Uhh..." Y/n looks at Kageyama. "He's a fri-"

"Boyfriend." Kageyama cut her off and looks at Hana.

"Never thought you'd be with someone after Oikawa.." Hana giggled and teased.

"Uhh, yeah.. I didn't know you knew Kageyama." Y/n asked.

"Huh? Well of course, we were in the same class." Hana raised her eyebrow. "I didn't expect to see him here though, what a surprise." She looks at Kageyama. "And in a relationship, that too.." She smiled.

"Alot changed since the last time we saw each other." Y/n nodded and smiled.

"Let's start shopping, shall we?" Hana smiled and pulled Y/n while holding her hand, while Kageyama just followed them.

They strolled around the mall for quite some time and ended up buying things for them, while Kageyama looked around and bought things for himself as well.

After they walked out of one of the shops, Hana sighed.

"There's another reason why I called you here today, but I don't think that it should be talked about right now.." Hana told.

"What are you talking about..?" Y/n looks at her and so did Kageyama.

"It's about Oikawa..he reached out to me." She looks at them.