Chapter 29 - Bad turn

"So you basically told me that you liked me just to get me to date you?"

"Yes, I mean no..." He looked away and sighed. "Why'd you ask someone to date you if you didn't like that person? So it was only obvious."

She rolled her eyes and looked away. "I can't believe it."

"Y/n-chan..." He looked at her.

"Don't even take my name." She frowned. "You played with my emotions and lied because you KNEW that I liked you, didn't you...?"

She shook her head and unlocked the door but he locked it again.

"You got no right to keep me here." She glared at him.

"Give me another chance, I promise to fix everything." He held her hand.

"I.. don't...wanna talk to you!!" She struggled to break free from his grip.

"Why'd you choose Tobio-chan over me???" He raised his voice. "What does he have that I don't?"

She looks at him. "Everything!! He's not someone who goes around and lie to people and he shows that he truly cares. Unlike you!!"

He widened his eyes and stared at her in surprise.

"He's not even a bad person like you are. You don't even deserve to be loved by me or anyone!" She raised her voice.

He frowned and slapped her across the face in the heat of the moment.

She held her cheek as it stung with pain as she stared at him with tears in her eyes.

Oikawa panicked, and looked at her.

"Y-Y/n-chan, I.. I'm sorry..my body acted on it's own. I-" He stepped closer and tried to hold her but she pushed him away.

She unlocked the door and opened the door.

"Also, he never hurted me or lay a finger on me." She told before walking out, while he regretted his actions and covered his face with his hands.

She walked out of the boy's restroom and walked towards the gym when she saw Kageyama looking and walking around while calling out for her.

"Y/n!!" He turned around and saw her, smiling a little as he ran towards her.

"Where were y-?" He looked down at her to see her covering her cheek and looking down.

"Y/n?? Are you okay?" He tried to bend a little to see her and widened his eyes to see her crying.

He knew who it might be and frowned.

"Where is he?" He asked.

She just shook her head and sniffed.

He pulled her head up to make her look at him.

"Where is he??"

"In the restro-"

Before she could finish he dashed past her in the direction of the restroom but she held him tight by pulling on his sleeve.

"Stop! Don't do anything rash." She looks at him.

"Let me go." He glared at her.

"I won't!!" She shook her head.

He slightly huffed while pulling his arm away with a force, making her fall back.

He widened his eyes and bent down, wrapping his arm around her back.

"I'm.. I'm sorry.." he looked away.

"Everything will be over if you go over there and fight him. The team will be disqualified from the tournament..." She looks down.

He heaved a sigh and stands up.

"You're still thinking about others rather than yourself." He glared at her. "Why don't you think about yourself for once??"

She stands up and looks at him.

"What are you even talking about..?"

"You need to take care of yourself. You're already carrying a lot over your shoulders and you only end up thinking about others." He was frustrated and looked at her. "You always create trouble this way!! It's always 'the team will be disqualified' or some other reason."

She couldn't believe what he was saying.

"So you're saying it's my fault that these are happening...?" She muttered with tears falling down her cheeks.

"YES!" He spat. "If you didn't join the team, you wouldn't have encountered Oikawa-san, and all this wouldn't have even happened!!" He turned around as he start walking towards the restroom.

"You should just stop being around me so you know how to rely on yourself." He huffed.

Y/n wiped her tears and frowned, pacing towards him as he pulled him to face her.

"You're the one who were always there for me by your own accord. Don't make it seem that I made you do everything for me." She snapped. "You brought me home when I was sick, you're the one to insist me to go for dinner, in fact you're the one who was the first one among us to give steamed buns and milk. Don't talk crap about how I only rely on you. All I did was love you!! All I did till now was all for you."

He looked at her as she responded in anger.

"As for the resigning part.." she looks at him before looking away. "I won't do that. I have good relationship with other boys in the team." Then she looks at him. "But I'll make sure to pretend that from now, you don't even exist. Because after everything you just told me, you're not even different from how Oikawa is anymore."

She huffed.

"I liked him, he played with me. And you...." She looks at him. "I love you, but you broke me. You're someone I dreamt of spending my lifetime with, Kageyama Tobio.."

She turned around and walked away, keeping a strong front as she exhaled slowly, letting her tears now fall.

Kageyama entered the restroom and slid his back down the door, messing his hair with his hands after feeling miserable about what happened.

He then looked up to see Oikawa, who was smiling at him.

Kageyama began to feel his blood boil, as he stands up and holds Oikawa by his collar.

"This is all your fault!!"

"Don't even think about it. Y/n-chan is right, you'll get the team to be disqualified." Oikawa scoffed.

Kageyama widened his eyes and loosened his grip.

"How much did you listen?" He frowned.

"All of it." He shrugged as he looked at himself at the mirror. "I'd listen to her if I were you."

Kageyama clicks his tongue and looks away.

Oikawa hums as he washes his hands.

"And about the whole 'your fault' thing..." Oikawa turned the faucet before looking at Kageyama. "All I did was ask for another chance."