Chapter 22 - Mei

Kageyama put his bag on the floor as he hopped on the bed and sat on the empty space, although making sure to have enough distance between the two of them.

"Why are you sitting that far?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Just shut up and let's get done with the assignment." He looked away and huffed. "I don't have all day."

She clicked her tongue as she continued to work together with him to get done with the assignments. After they were done with the assignments, she was organizing her books while Kageyama was packing up his bag.

Mei then looked at him and hummed.

"Are you and Y/n really a thing?" She asked out of the blue.

The question threw him off and he got flustered but tried to keep composure.

"What kind of question is that?" He looked at her.

"I mean." She faced him and tucked her hair behind her ear. "You both seemed to be close friends rather than lovers. I can see through the PDA but it's not convincing."

Kageyama widened his eyes at her then looked away without telling anything.

"Are you sure you're okay with being a cover-up for her rumors? Why even bother to get yourself involved with someone with a bad reputation like her?" She huffed. "I'm sure a lot of people besides me can make out that you both are not actually dating."

Kageyama literally froze at his words but what he didn't know was all that she was saying was basically made up to throw him off his game.

"There is nothing that I need to explain you." He frowned. "Think what you want."

Mei smirked a little before leaning closer to him. "Are you sure? Are you sure that you are not crazy about me like every other guy in the class? I'm the popular one after all. It's understandable if you're trying to play hard to get."

Kageyama zips up his bag before looking at her. "I got no business with you. You're not appealing to me. Not even a bit-"

He was pushed down on the bed by Mei, who then sat on top of him, with her legs on his sides.

"Are you sure about that?" She leaned closer to him. "Not even a bit?"

Kageyama was already frustrated at this point and pushed her off of him as he stood up and held his bag.

"Too bad. You're too good for someone like her." She licked her lips and sat up as she looked at him up and down. "You're tall, hot, got a good build.." She then scoffed and looked away. "We could've had something of our own." She then looks at him. " Are you sure you want to skip my offer?"

"What are you? Someone who just sleeps around?" Kageyama asks while his back facing her, and this comment made her angry.

"I'm not someone who just sleeps around. You're the only one I asked this to!" She gritted her teeth.

"And how'd I know?" He looks at her and smirks, earning a slap across his face from her.

She then threw a pillow at him while he barely flinched. "Get out!" She shouted.

He then silently walked out and left the home, walking towards his own home.

"Troublesome.." He groaned while rubbing his cheek.

He was passing by the convenience store Y/n was working at and decided to enter to get something to drink, wanting to cool his mind off.

Y/n didn't notice him entering at that time since she was busy with another customer. He bought a cold bottle of water and walked towards her. She saw his red cheek and widened her eyes.

"T-Tobio-Kun, what happened?" She asked as he walked towards her.

"Uh-Ahh.." He looked away. "Matsuda slapped me." He muttered.

"Why? What did you do?" She asked while scanning his item.

He looked around to see that there were still a few people present. "Let's talk this once you're off."

"I got half hour more for my shift.." She looks at him and he nodded.

"I'll wait."

After she was off, she exited the store and looks at him. "Let's go." 

They started walking towards her home and he explained everything that happened.

"So, she tried to do something like that." She looks at him surprised. "She's been a nice person in the class, I can't believe that something like her would turn out to be like this.."

"A nice person who'd get on top of someone." Kageyama sighed.

"I didn't expect that what we were doing would be something that can be understood we're not dating for real." She sighed and looked down sadly. "I told you it wouldn't work.

Kageyama looked down at her and held her hand. "Don't worry, things will be alright from tomorrow, I promise." He smiled. 

"Just let me handle everything." He told and she nodded with a smile.

"Did..she...do anything else?" She looks at him and asked nervously.

"N-No!! I, I didn't let her.." Kageyama answered almost immediately and raised his voice. "Y-y-you-"

He blushed as he looked away. 

'You're all I've got.' He thought to himself as he felt his cheeks heat up.

"I'm..?" She looks at him and asked.

"Y-your house...we've reached your house.." He looked at her and told.

Y/n looked ahead and giggled. "I didn't realize, I  was so caught up with your story."

Kageyama looks away. "It's not a story."

"Yeah, yeah.." She nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow again." She smiled.

"Good night." He nodded and smiled.

The whole night, Kageyama could barely get an eye shut since he was thinking of what Mei told him.

'I'm sure a lot of people besides me can make out that you both are not actually dating.'

He sighed and decided to take the lead in their 'relationship' from thereon.