Silence.
The never ending buzz of familiar forest sounds filled the stunned quiet between them. It seemed to be the only thing Jimin's dazzled mind was able to grasp. The buzzing of the bees, chirping birds, and what sounded like an animal's mating call. All of that was a straw for him to grab, to hold onto while he felt like he's slipping deeper and deeper into the abyss that was his emotional turmoil.
I think I like him after all, his heart was weeping. I really think I do.

Very slowly, Jimin recovered from the shock. He felt how the heat of his annoyance mixed with the fatal attraction that, he knew, would be his downfall one day.
Before he could start to question his own actions, he put his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and pulled himself up, dragged Jungkook closer. Then he pushed his mouth against the Alpha's without much finesse but a surprising amount of hesitant passion.

When he broke the soft touch of their lips, a million voices inside Jimin's mind started to scream. What are you doing, they asked and Jimin could only agree because yes, indeed. What the hell is he doing…?
This time, when he jumped up, he was frantically batting his eyes as if he was trying to get a hold of himself and reality. With his shoulders pulled up and his fingers clawing into his shirt, the fox stumbled backwards, muttering something about having to gather materials for their shelter before blushing like crazy, whirling around, and taking off.

Despite his abrupt disappearance, Jungkook couldn't quite hide a small chuckle as he shook his head with the fondest smile. Even his voice seemed silky soft when he spoke.
"Yah, Park Jimin…." He sighed and leaned back, head resting against the tree behind him.
"What the hell are you so adorable for, huh…? That's just not fair…"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

While Jungkook used his time alone to rest, Jimin was trying hard to cool his face by running around in the woods. He didn't think much about where he was going but only ran blindly towards the light of the slowly wandering sun. That was until something caught his attention. A huge, forked tree branch had appeared in the corner of his eye.

The cold dampness of the ground enveloped his feet as soon as the fox dug his heels into the earth.
This is perfect, he thought. His ocean eyes brightened, turning from sparkling sea water to bright summer skies and he quickly moved closer to test whether he would be able to carry this huge thing home.

After dropping it off close to the place where they had made their camp, Jimin took off once again. Only this time, he didn't have to wander far at all.
With a strange fascination, Jungkook watched how the fox left and returned with his arms full of logs and sticks followed by leaves and bark.

"That should be enough." The pink miracle finally announced, looking proud as pie, almost like a pup that just learned a new word or took its first steps.
Jungkook had to bite his lip hard in order to stop himself from grinning.

"You did well, my smart and strong Omega." He agreed. Jimin instantly beamed even more while the softest shade of pink tinted his cute, chubby cheeks.

"I'm really not that smart or strong at all. Everyone would've done this. But… Thank you. You're really sweet today, Jungkookie."

"No, I'm not just being sweet. I can promise you that not everyone would be able to survive without a pack, especially Omegas who have to take care of a useless Alpha on top of it."

As soon as he heard this, Jimin stopped what he was doing. His hands slowly dropped and he tilted his head to the side, expression sad, almost pained.
"Don't say that… you're not useless, Jungkook. Alpha or not, everyone has to rest when they're sick. Stop being so hard on yourself. Seeing you like this hurts me, too."