Chapter 21

Jimin was hiding in the shadows of the night when a rustle nearby caught his attention. His muscles tensed as soon as he noticed movements in front of him but he still waited, still held back the urge to jump and sink his teeth into whatever creature was there. He had become smarter than that.
Not that far away from him, there was a very quiet growl. A sign from Jungkook that he was there and ready to go. It's up to him now, to Jimin. He'd be the one to strike first.

Just when his nerves started to flutter, the huge boar that must've caused the earlier sounds stepped onto the clearing where Jimin had a perfect view on it.
The fox ducked his head, pressing his body as close to the ground as he could while pushing his butt up high and wiggling slightly. Then he leaped through the air like an arrow shot from a bow.
He wasn't even sure how he did it but he somehow managed to wrestle the animal to the ground where it kicked him several times before the big pig took off only to realize that Jungkook was already waiting at the other end of the clearing where he and Jimin circled the animal before they eventually managed to take it down together.

"Good job." The Alpha would praise not much later, after they regained their human forms.
"You're getting really good at this, Miracle."

Jimin nodded but still looked a bit dazed as he cowered on the ground. When Jungkook came closer to help him get up, he gasped, dropped to his knees and quickly used one of his sleeves to clean the Omega's bloody face.
"Damn, did it kick you in the face?!"

Jimin nodded, head held high and tipped back when Jungkook told him to do so after putting a cooling hand in his neck.
"Yes… it's my fault for not paying enough attention. I think it hit my nose."

"It better did, otherwise the blood that's coming out of it would be even more concerning than it already is. I hope it's not broken."

Thankfully, it didn't seem to be. Jungkook pressed and pushed the cute button nose for a while but even though Jimin did whine at first, the pain soon started to fade away.
One last backrub and the fox was back on his feet, chipper as ever as he measured their prey with a very proud smile.
"That'll be enough for today. It's our biggest kill yet!"

"We were able to do it without the Hyungs because you became so much stronger." Jungkook replied softly, looking just as satisfied, even when watching the Omega lick the corner of his mouth where some of the splattered blood stuck to his skin.
"Look at you, such a murderous Omega. Almost like a true hunter."

"I AM a true hunter. Better don't make me angry or you'll feel my wrath."
The giggle that followed his words didn't exactly match his scary looks but Jungkook still lowered his head as if to pay him respect even when the smile on his lips was hard to miss.
"I wouldn't dare to. There's nobody I'd rather hunt with than you."

Together, they heave and drag the dead animal back to their camp where Taehyung was busy carving plates and other necessities out of a tree that had recently fallen.
He was sweating profusely and wiped his forehead with his arm when looking up to welcome the pair with a smile.
"Woah, that's a huge kill! You did really well today!"
With a glance at Jimin, he added, "But you look nasty, Minnie. I'm used to our Alphas looking like blood covered monsters but I definitely didn't expect you to be that messy. Omegas shouldn't look like killer machines."

"I think he looks pretty good like that."Jungkook disagreed but Taehyung only rolled his eyes and shook his head before returning to his carving work without sparing them another glance.
"Of course you would… smitten fool. Jimin could break your neck and you'd still be drooling over him."

Jungkook lifted a brow.
"Did you say something?"

"Nope! Go ahead, prepare the food. I'm sure Yoongi and Joonie will be back soon. Oh, but please clean up before dinner. Don't make me push you into the lake with my own damn hands."