Chapter 8

Jimin wasn't sure what to expect when he heard the words 'hot spring duty' but Jungkook's nervous reaction was enough of a reason for him to be cautious and, as it turned out, he was right to feel that way.

With Taehyung's hand on his back and a big group of people around him already dashing towards the steaming baths of the hot springs, Jimin was eventually dragged along like a helpless piece of driftwood in a flood.

"Don't be nervous." Taehyung whispered. His fingers curled around Jimin's wrist, never letting go, not until they took off their clothes and finally stood in front of the already happily splashing group of people inside.
"You're only supposed to help them relax, that's all. It's supposed to be a fun time, so try not to worry too much."
It didn't calm Jimin in any way.
As soon as he stepped into the steaming water, all heads turned towards him, several hands reached out. Excited, young Alphas tried to rival each other in their attempts to get the attention of the pretty, pink fox.

In the meantime, Jimin himself was completely frozen in place, adrenaline pumping, body shaking harder the more people gathered around him.
When one of the Alphas grabbed his arm to pull him deeper into the water, he started to panic, started pushing and shoving, trying hard to get away from the hands that held him uncomfortably close.
He growled and snarled, innocent plush lips snapping open to put his threatening fangs on display and when someone suddenly grabbed his neck, he was ready to sink those teeth into their flesh.

He truly would've done it if it wasn't for another arm that suddenly moved between him and the person who held him, just in time to catch Jimin's bite.
The fox glanced up in an instant, confused by the familiarity of the scent just to realize it was Jungkook who he had caught between his unyielding fangs, Jungkook who didn't flinch at all but only stared down at him with that unfazed, red eyed, glowing gaze. One look was enough to make Jimin hold his breath in fear of being punished for his actions.
However, it wasn't Jimin who caught Jungkook's wrath.

"Don't touch him." He warned the other Alpha who did indeed look a bit intimidated by the growling fox and wolf combo.
"Apparently, I haven't made it clear enough, so let me do it right now. The pink fox belongs to me and everyone who puts a finger on him will have to deal with some serious consequences."
This whole time, his voice was dripping with Alpha authority. That didn't change, even when he turned towards Jimin and added a very low, almost seducing, "Come with me." Before pulling him towards a corner far away from everyone else.

It wasn't clear if he did it on purpose or if it was pure Alpha instincts but everything about his behavior, his scent, voice, and even the way they touched spoke directly to the deeply rooted Omega part inside of Jimin.
Despite being safe, the fox found himself on high alert, hyper aware of every change in Jungkook's tone of voice, every flicker in his expression, as if he was looking for guidance, for some kind of reassurance that he would be okay.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jungkook chuckled.
He put a finger beneath Jimin's chin, pushed his head up to analyze those dazed, glassy eyes, his trembling lips, the tension that still lingered in his naked body and simply wouldn't let him relax.
"I noticed it before but you are surprisingly sensitive to changes in scents and Alpha voices. Has it always been this way?"

Not sure how should process that information, Jimin tilted his head to the side, motioning a silent, no, while still trying to grasp a single clear thought in the fog of intense scents that clouded his mind.

"Ah… I guess we are just much more used to communicating with our scents then. Foxes don't do it as much, do they? That's probably why you're so easily overwhelmed by it."

Again, Jimin shook his head, still in a trance until Jungkook's scent once again changed. He made a very conscious effort to calm his emotions to the point where he smelled almost neutral and Jimin's gaze finally cleared. His mouth dropped open, blown pupils returning to their normal size.