Chapter 2

Jimin had never felt such devastating pain or crippling fear. He dashed through the pitch black darkness of the forest, feeling every single sharp stone, every broken twig that buried itself into the soles of his burning, bare feet after he turned back into his human form.
Around him, the world seemed to spin, seemed to blur into one big mess, spiraling out of control just like the confusing emotions he felt.
Foxes like him were known to be nimble but the panic made him careless, made him constantly stumble into trees, face first, until his poor button nose became bruised and he tasted blood on his tongue, felt it running down his chin.
Still, after smearing the red liquid all over his face like war paint before a big fight, he kept going, kept pushing his body to move, instincts going into overdrive, always on high alert.
It was a life or death situation, that's what the fox in him screeched fearfully.

When he eventually stumbled and fell to the ground, the shadow behind him was merciless. In a matter of seconds, before Jimin got even the smallest chance to get back on his feet, he caught up and pounced the fox whose small frame was easily buried beneath shadow's bigger one.

"Please…" Jimin whispered breathlessly, eyes already brimming with tears when the growling monster's form changed and he grabbed Jimin roughly to turn him on his back, forcing their eyes to meet.
Ice blue was swallowed by blood red.
"Please, don't eat me…"

As the clouds slowly moved across the sky, the moon was suddenly revealed. It's beautiful, pink light flooded not only the world but also Jimin and the figure on top of him. Jimin's ocean eyes instantly grew, chest freezing as his breath did the same.
This wasn't a monster. It's a huge, black wolf!
The Alpha with bright red eyes had turned into a human form with tan skin, disheveled, black hair and a pair of deceivingly cute bunny teeth surrounded by sharp fangs to their left and right which were revealed when he grinned.

"Wait…Do I know you…?"

Laughing hoarsely, the raven finally let go of Jimin's arm.
"I doubt you know me but I know you."
Where his hand had been, Jimin could see the red marks left behind from how hard the other had grabbed him, and he rubbed those marks with a fearful but also strangely excited tenseness filling his chest.

The wolf unceremoniously sat down on the ground without much grace, legs crossed and hands restlessly holding onto his wiggling feet.
"You're always getting into trouble. Why the fuck would you play around with an Alpha while being in heat, Stupid?"

After being stunned by the brazenness of his words for a few seconds, Jimin would finally sit up as well. He angrily wiped the dirt from his body, rubbed the blood from his nose, and tried to stand on his still shaking limbs, though it didn't work out how he hoped it would.
He barely made it halfway up before his legs gave up and he fell back on his ass, much to the wolf's chuckling delight.
"Maybe you should rest a little, stupid. Take it easy, you look a little out of it."

"My name isn't stupid, it's Jimin!" The fox spat back but the other only lifted a brow, lips once again twitching into a cocky smirk that spelled nothing but pure confidence. He definitely was not sorry in any way and it infuriated the still rather shaken, enraged fox to no end.

"Well, Jimin, my name is Jungkook. It's lovely to meet you but niceties won't change the fact that the way you acted was still pretty stupid, Stupid."

Slack-jawed, the fox shook his head as if he couldn't believe this was happening. He's never met a person so arrogant, so effortlessly annoying.
Again, he tried to stand, strength fueled by his will to get away from the taller male just like the fear that still lingered in the back of his mind.
He's a black wolf, he's dangerous. That's what he's been told since he was born and the way he had so easily defeated an Alpha fox, albeit a young one, really showed what kind of deadly strength is hiding behind those big, innocent blood moon eyes.
Jimin wouldn't let himself be fooled so easily.