Chapter 19

"Very good, Jungkook. Go ahead, one more step. You can do it."

It didn't look like Jin's constant affirmations got through to the young wolf whose face was already scrunched up in pain, knuckles turning white from how much strength he used to hold onto the healer's arm.
"I don't think I can…" he groaned. His body tipped to the side, refusing to put any more weight on the injured side of his body and they came to a halt right there, a few steps away from the shelter.

"You'll have to try, Jungkook-ah. If you don't use it at all, your leg might really become useless at some point. You have to keep your muscles active."

It looked like the boy was about to yell in frustration but then he froze. His open mouth snapped shut and his eyes followed the tiny, pink creature that rolled around in front of him.
Jimin had played all morning, often accompanied by Taehyung who seemed to become just as playful whenever they were together.
Now, however, the fox's attention was fully focused on Jungkook, eyes sparkling prettily as he almost danced on his tiny paws before lowering his front to the ground, pushing his tail up in the air, and wiggling his butt as if to challenge the wolf in front of him.
As if to invite him to a chase.

"Hey, don't get sassy with me just because I'm not that great on my feet at the moment. I can still catch you if I try." Jungkook huffed, one eyebrow rising. The bait was so obvious but he took it in less than a second. If Jimin was in his human form, he would've chuckled. But like this, he just made those little squeaking noises that spurred Jungkook on all the same. He limped towards the pink ball of fluff. Jimin waited patiently until he was barely a feet's length away before he jumped backwards and made a little howling noise.

They did this a few times until Jimin could tell Jungkook got seriously tired. At that point, he stopped beside a tree where he waited for Jungkook to catch up.
Once he did, the Alpha grabbed his small body with one hand while holding onto the tree with the other. Then, he lifted him into the air with a victorious smile.
"Caught you!"

Before he could truly celebrate his win, Jimin already wiggled free and ran up his arm, onto his shoulder where he licked his cheek, making him chuckle.
"Stop it… that tickles."
Jimin did stop and jumped from his shoulder right after. With a sweet yip, he hopped in circles and wiggled his butt one last time before he took off to race after Taehyung instead who had watched the scene from afar but was now howling impatiently to regain Jimin's attention.

Jungkook looked after him with a fond expression on his face but was soon distracted by Jin's presence. The healer put a hand on his shoulder, his voice sounded impressed, maybe even amused.
"Oh, so you can walk a pretty long distance after all, hmm? Good job, pup. You should rest now."

Blinking slowly, Jungkook looked around and yes, indeed, he must've chased Jimin for quite a while. Their shelter was a good three minute walk away.
That cheeky brat sure knew how to push Jungkook's buttons. Or, well, maybe said buttons had been pretty easy to push from the start, as long as it's done by the right person.

Later on, after Jin helped him get back to their home, Jimin once again popped up behind them, this time in his human form, and threw a curious glance over the older's shoulder. His expression was worried but still rather hopeful after seeing the Alpha's recent improvements.
"Is he getting better, Jin Hyung?"

"Oh, of course! Don't you worry, sweetheart. Your Alpha will be back on his paws in no time as long as he continues to practice."

Blushing lightly, Jimin shook his head, bottom lip pushed out in a pout.
"He's not my Alpha…" he mumbled softly but shook his head right after and changed the topic.
"Hoseok still won't come back here?"

"He better doesn't." Jungkook cut in with a growl bubbling between his words.
When it first happened, Jimin had tried to explain why the other wolf had acted the way he did but as soon as Jungkook heard about Jimin being threatened, he had completely checked out of the conversation and refused to hear anything more about it.
Hoseok hadn't been here since then.