Chapter 16

Once the darkness faded, Jimin woke up to the feeling of slowly rolling waves caressing his weakened body and birds screeching up there in the sky.
The first thing he noticed was the wet sand sticking to his freezing skin, then his uncomfortably dry throat and the fact that he could barely open his swollen eyes.

He groaned and rolled from his back to his side before pushing himself up into a slumped sitting position. While his memory was still hazy, his body definitely reminded him of the physical strain Jimin had put himself though. If his muscles could speak, the fox was sure they would be screaming at him right now.
It took a few more seconds but then a thought crossed his mind, a terrifying realization as his memories returned

"Jungkook!" He croaked and flinched when hearing his own, rough voice.
He swayed and stumbled a lot, feeling dehydrated and drained but, thankfully, he didn't have to look around for long. Only a couple dozen steps down the shore he found a very obvious black shock of hair in the otherwise almost snow white sand.

Exhausted, the fox fell to his knees by Jungkook's side with a hand on the Alpha's shoulder to try and shake him awake.
"Hey…" he said softly, sounding breathless already despite it only being such a tiny amount of physical activity.
"Jungkook-ah… Please, wake up…"

He was already close to tears when Jungkook's eyes finally did flutter upon. A sigh of relief instantly left Jimin's burning lips, his tense shoulders slumped and he dropped to the ground, fingers still digging into the other's shirt while the Alpha released a rustling cough.

"Fuck…" Jungkook wheezed before quickly rolling onto his stomach and throwing up in the sand.
"Fucking hell, I thought I was done for…"

"Me too." Jimin mumbled.

They stayed like this for a long while, just lying in the sand and staring at the slowly darkening sky until Jimin forced himself to get up again.
"We should find a safe place to stay. I'd rather not have to sleep outside when it starts to rain."
The sentence was followed by a pause during which he put a hand around his throat and closed his eyes. A part of him would still rather not hear his own voice but another, the one that was healing, was definitely relieved to be able to communicate much more comfortably.

"I always thought your voice fits you well. It's very sweet and pretty. I'm glad I was able to hear it again."

Surprised, Jimin blinked his eyes open and met Jungkook's gaze. The wolf looked straight at him, no shyness to be found.
Jimin, on the other hand, felt instantly flustered and looked away, feeling his cheeks growing hot. He couldn't remember the last time someone complimented him for something other than his unusual fur."

"Thank you…"

To distract from his own embarrassment, Jimin offered Jungkook his hand to pull him to his feet. As soon as he stood, however, Jungkook already lost his balance and would've fallen over if Jimin didn't have the reflexes to catch him mid fall.
"What the hell?! Are you okay?"

"Yeah…" Jungkook sighed and shook his head.
"You should go and look for a safe place by yourself."

"What? No! Why would I leave you here all by yourself? You're coming with me."

"But I can't! I can't fucking walk, Jimin!

Alarmed, Jimin gently lowered Jungkook back to the ground, directing his attention towards the wolf's leg instead.
His pants were completely drenched in blood but Jimin hadn't thought much about it with everything else that happened.
Now, as he ripped the fabric open and saw the horribly damaged flesh for the first time, he felt as if his heart was about to stop.
It wasn't just a bite mark Yoongi's father had inflicted but he almost ripped the flesh from Jungkook's bone!