Chapter 10

Rain.
Waking up to the sound of countless bursting drops of water always put Jimin in a weird mood. Once upon a time, it made him feel calm but now, it was the lack of emotions that haunted him, a feeling of never-ending emptiness.
It's how he had felt when Jungkook first found him and his sister, too. That day, when he first woke up in a cave, it had rained as well.
A devastating calm after an all destroying storm.

"You're awake?"

After letting his head roll to the side, he noticed Jungkook was sitting close to him, with his back against a wall and his arms crossed in front of his chest. The deep frown had not yet left his face.
Somewhere outside of the cave, Jimin heard Yoongi and Taehyung yell something into the swallowing noise of the wind. Jungkook seemed to hear it, too, because he turned his head towards the sound and angrily clicked his tongue.
"Assholes. I keep telling them you're sick but they keep coming back, asking for more. Who the fuck does that?"

Jimin was too exhausted to argue, so he only shook his head, blinking tiredly before he put a hand on his forehead. Did Jungkook say he was sick?
He couldn't tell but he did sweat a lot and his vision blurred every once in a while. Even his thoughts seemed weirdly slow and sluggish.

"You've got a fever. That's what happens when you don't know your limits."

Ah… Still the same mind reader, huh.
If Jimin didn't feel so exhausted, he would've laughed, or at least smiled at the little things that never seemed to change between them. In a world that was turned upside down, having something as stupid as this to hold onto was a strangely comforting thought, though it still hurt to hear Jungkook scold him like this.

Just when the Alpha opened his mouth to say something else, he got distracted by the sound of footsteps echoing through the cave. Seconds later, a very gloomy looking Taehyung turned around the corner but his expression instantly brightened upon seeing the fox being up and well.

"Ah! Jiminie is awake?! Bless the spirits, I was about to get seriously worried…"

"He's fine. Stupid people never die." Jungkook huffed gruffly, still very upset about what happened and Jimin's current state.
Taehyung would have none of it, though. He quickly shot him a scolding glare before rolling his eyes and kneeling by Jimin's side to run a cold towel over his sweat drenched, heated skin.
Only when Jimin shakily tapped his wrist did he stop for a second to let him write on his arm whatever it was he wanted to say.

From a bit further away, Jungkook asked impatiently, "What is he saying?" And his frown only intensified as he watched how the grin on Taehyung's slowly grew until it almost stretched from one ear to the other.

"Jiminie says, I guess since stupid people never die, I won't have to worry about your well-being, Jungkook-ah."

Sputtering, the latter almost fell over in surprise. He couldn't believe something like that would ever cross Jimin's mind, not after all those years of teasing the fox and him never really fighting back.
"Look at our little Miracle getting feisty all of a sudden. You can't feel that bad when you manage to think of a comeback like this."

Jimin grimaced but didn't talk back this time. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he was still pretty exhausted and definitely not in the mood to fight.
He didn't have the time to reply anyway because there was a strange noise coming from the entrance of their home, footsteps once again filled the small space, and a young, raven haired boy appeared in front of them.
He looked extremely nervous with his arms wrapped around his own body, gaze directed towards the ground as if he didn't dare look at the young adults in front of him.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked gently, stepping forward.
Jimin could tell, he tried to resolve the situation before Jungkook did. The already rather tense Alpha looked about ready to just kick the poor kid out of their home.
Finally, the boy shyly lifted his head to look at the wolves before hesitantly glancing at Jimin who sat up to greet him but silently groaned instead when he felt dizzy all over again. Jungkook instantly shoved him back down with a strict, "Rest." before he glared at the boy but nodded his head, motioning for him to speak.