Chapter 24

The snow was piling up outside of their houses, blocking the doors and forcing Jimin to repeatedly leave the safety of his home to shovel and shove the sparkling white mountains to the sides. It's been hours since Jungkook left and the Alpha's warmth had disappeared with him, leaving Jimin freezing under the blankets he wrapped around himself in an attempt to half-heartedly replace him.

From time to time, Taehyung would come over to ask how he's doing but he couldn't stay with the fox for long. The weather kept him busy too and Yoongi wasn't there to help. He and Namjoon had already enough to deal with when fighting through the snow covered woods, paws looking bloody from hours of digging into small burrows, searching for animals that are hiding somewhere right beneath the ground. Winter is rough and unforgiving towards all of them.

"What are you doing?" Jimin whispered softly as he stared into the darkness outside, searching for his mate's familiar figure in the whirling, white storm. "Jungkook-ah. You promised to come back home quickly."

Just when he was about to doze off, the door to their house was abruptly pushed open, so hard that it smashed against the wall and startled the fox back awake. He jumped up with a gasp, pink strands of hair flying in the wind that came slashing into the small room. Then he saw it, Jungkook's broad frame, his red, frostbitten face and before Jimin could grasp a clear thought, he already flew into his mate's open arms, crying out his name while they hugged with the kind of desperation that comes with fearing you'll never see your loved one again.

Eventually, Jungkook whispered a soft, "I'm home." but Jimin didn't want to hear it. He only pressed Jungkook tighter against himself, a growl slipping past his lips while he almost frantically rubbed his cheek against his neck, trying to leave as much of his scent on his mate as he could.
"You're fucking late. I was worried to death!" He yelled, sounding upset. Jungkook's ears instantly flattened, head lowered deeply in an attempt to placate his Omega.
"I know… I'm sorry. I tried my best but the snow storm got worse on my way home and moving forward was a struggle."

Jimin couldn't have stayed mad if he tried. Jungkook's body was too warm, too comforting. The submissive regret in his scent easily swept all fears away. Besides, Jimin's never been truly angry to begin with. All he felt was relief. Relief that Jungkook was safe, that he was here, in his arms, and hopefully wouldn't leave again any time soon.

Around them, the candles started to flicker as Jimin tiptoed to press a kiss on Jungkook's still frozen lips. His hands impatiently grabbed Jungkook's snow covered clothes and started to pull them off his drenched, shivering body. In his mind, Jimin already planned how he would warm Jungkook up, how he would make sure to not leave a single place on his body untouched, but then he came to a complete standstill when an awkward cough reached his twitching ears and he noticed a tall figure when glancing over Jungkook's broad shoulder.

"Don't mind me, I won't stay for long."

"Jin Hyung?!" Jimin squeaked, looking confused and utterly embarrassed by his own actions. His eyes flew from one to the other, hands once again grabbing Jungkook's coat but this time to hastily put it back on before he grabbed his own puffed up tail to hide his brightly flushed cheeks behind it.
"W-what are you doing here?! Isn't it too dangerous for you to visit while the weather is like this?"

"It is but Jungkook mentioned you weren't feeling well these days. He was incredibly worried, so I offered to come along and take a look at you, just in case."

"In case of what...?"

Jin and Jungkook shared a glance but then the Alpha simply shrugged and hugged Jimin from behind, chin resting on top of his head.
"Just in case I need to worry about you."

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

He wouldn't get an answer for a while. Not until Jin finished his check-up and started to sniff his neck while rubbing his tummy.
"My nose never lies." He then announced, causing Jungkook to nervously shift from one foot on the other. The snow on his head had melted and was now flowing down his cheeks before eventually dripping to the floor, building a puddle beneath his feet. Jimin would've thought it's cute if he wasn't so preoccupied with the things that were happening to his own body, the hands that carefully poked and prodded him all over.