The Heated Revelation

After getting a fresh air and watching Heeseung fumble through his first dance with a pretty girl you didn't know in the dance floor in the center, that for some reason is making him nervous and more skittish than normal, you figure out it must be...

After getting a fresh air and watching Heeseung fumble through his first dance with a pretty girl you didn't know in the dance floor in the center, that for some reason is making him nervous and more skittish than normal, you figure out it must be his crush.

The rest of the night progressed smoothly and you found yourself spending most of it dancing, wrapped up in Sunghoon's arms.

Not that you were complaining. His hand never strayed away from your waist as he leaned in close and whisper in your ear.

"I've got three boys watching me closely from different parts of the room", he said quietly, and you turned your head slightly towards his, grinning.

"Intimidated by my own friends and Hyunjin? Just wait until my mom met you", you said and it was a signal for you to look around for her.

The prospect of them meeting for the first time in this party threw you a little but you shook your head before searching for her face among the people, but whenever you look even in the most far corner, she's nowhere to be seen.

In fact, even your dad and his wife is still not here, only their childrens.

The people were starting to ask around as well for them and yet either Yeji or Hyunjin seems to have no idea.

"Not intimidated. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm being under surveillance", Sunghoon admitted as he chuckles patiently.

"Well", you said after a moment and gesturing to one of the hidden corners of the hall, "why don't we try and escape them for a moment?"

He met your eyes and raised an eyebrow slyly. One side of his lips pulled up higher than the other as he asked, "Let's go then?"

"Let's go", you said truthfully, making him grin properly. His smile was always the one thing that stole your breath tonight.

It's enough for you to want to reconsider your plans for him, but like you said before, you're not one to change your mind if it would help you in the long run.

With a forced casual footsteps, the two of you walked towards the edge of the room, hiding behind one of the pillars and you were the first to close the distance in between. As you looped an arm around his neck, you pressed a long, slow kiss into his lips.

When you pulled back, peering into his face and found him grimacing. Well, that was a little more than insulting.

"Well, that's not the reaction I'm expecting", you part teased, wondering what was wrong.

"Your stepsiblings is behind you", he murmured weakly and you knew then they have followed you.

You should've known they wouldn't let you out of their sight due to the engagement Yeji informs you about. But you hadn't thought; you'd just been so focusing on making the most of your time with Sunghoon.