Ramblings Over A Confession

Somehow during the long silence the question from the box had delivered in the room, Jake had managed to crack the puzzle that you are

He wasn't stupid enough to think he had managed to break you down completely and to get why you were basically a walking representation of a lonely girl with a guarded walls.

It wasn't made of an easily breakable woods but bricks, he figure it out.

But you did seemed to act differently around him. Not that the difference wa so noticeable that it's glaringly obvious.

It was the little things; tiny mannerisms that alerted him to the fact that your perception of him had changed.

Whenever you passed him in the halls of Bighit Academy, you would give him a small smile rather than passed him with a nod. Or if the others were around - you would talk to him, your voice warmer to him than to the others.

"What do you say?", he asked curiously, still waiting for an answer.

"I know what it means, but is this for real?", you remarked in confusion, looking back down at the pizzas.

"You can say no. I like you but you don't have to like me back. I can understand", he told you and smiles, managing to struck you inside, like there was an explosion.

An explosion of pain.

"I don't -"

Jake cuts you off and raised his hand, "Wait... Actually, I'm scared. Can you just give me a shake of your head if the answer is no?"

You were about to say something but he beats you to it, and it makes you think if he would even let you talk for today.

"Actually, first, can you tell me something? I had this moment prepared in my head and instead of you making me happy, I can imagine you strangling me before you leave -"

This time, you were the one to cut him off, "Jake, what is your question again?", you asks, smiling at his rambling.

"Will you be my girlfriend?", he rushed out, clearly panicking.

The way his hands was scratching now on his hair that indicates he was nervous made your eyes widen and you took a step back at his question, processing it second by seconds.

Will you be willing to answer the question from the boy you liked?

"I - I.. umm", you stuttered the words out. You stare at Jake, biting the inside of your cheek without knowing the answer to his question.

It wasn't so much as the fact that Jake must be your first potential heartbreak but that it was all you could think about.

I can't certainly love him, you thought to yourself in repeat.

"I am so inlove with you, Y/N", Jake finally began, "I have known you for a few months now and I see you every single day and everytime I laid my eyes on you, I fall all over again. You don't understand, I love everything about you"