The First Tears For Him

If someone were to ask you for once, without hesitating in your face, if you ever cried over a person, you would only answer one thing

Your dad has been the only one to do it for the first time and thought it would be the last.

Because in your opinion, showing tears or even as much as crying over someone that's not a family was a sign of weakness.

That's why it shocked you to the core and it's kind of scary running for Jake as you immediately comes after him.

"Jake, wait!", you shouted after him once you came out of the elevator and sees him walking out of the door.

Everything went so fast. It was all over the place, there are some boys hanging out in the front room and were watching you run like a mad woman after one of them, a thing you never thought would come to a reality.

One of them is Sunghoon with Huening Kai, facing the fireplace together. He was about to follow if not for his roommate stopping him in meddling with things.

Things between you and Jake were falling apart.

When you found him standing by under one of the trees, he is just looking down at the ground, his shoulders down. He looks hurt but there is nothing to tell at first look except for his eyes, the emotion in it makes him look broken.

You never thought you would say the day the positive Jake would be like this.

You shouldn't have done any of those plans to avoid hurting yourself. What you were doing in attempting to put your heart first?

It was so selfish of you to refuse him of what you really felt.

"Jake, listen", you start and he lifted his head, not saying a word. His eyes are still wet but the rest of his face looked emotionless and cold, "I'm sorry for what I did"

Sorry is not enough, but right now it's all you have.

At this time, you can't even try to pretend that he wasn't affecting you. All your facade of toughness is falling apart.

Jake nods and smiles softly, looking down at the ground so he doesn't have to look at your face, "It's fine"

"It's fine?", you repeated his word in pure disbelief. He looks far from being fine, and his eyes did not know how to lie, "Why would -"

He cuts you off abruptly, "I said it's fine because I still love you despite of what I heard"

He really doesn't know how to be like you. To be a good actor. All he felt inside is out for everyone to see. His heart was on his sleeve.