Mother-Daughter Talk

When you woke up next, it took you a short moment to remember what happened

And when you did remember, you were torn between wanting to find your dad so you could throttle him and hiding away in here long enough for you to forget what you just did.

You didn't hear him out, so you don't even know why he said he's dying. But can you ever have the heart to take pity in his place?

When all you see is a strong feeling of fury all over your body whenever his presence is near.

Sitting up in the bed, you searched the room and made a face, finding your silent mom who sat on a chair, not so far away from the bed seemingly waiting for you to wake up.

Upon realizing that you were awake, she shifted forward in the chair as if preparing to speak. You averted your eyes looking to the window.

That is, before you look out the window and the curtains had been pushed aside, allowing you to peer outside, making you see Jay, Sunghoon and Jake in a gazebo, being talked by Hyunjin.

Seeing them means you were still in the house of your dad, and it could only mean one thing.

The thing you feared the most could've happened while you're still asleep.

Shifting your eyes back to your mother, you discreetly watched her to see if there was a sign of anything new. The problem is, she had been watching you sharply, shifting forward once more until she reached the edge of her seat.

If there's someone who knows you best, it's only her, of course.

"I still didn't see him if that's what you were thinking", she declared as if it was a simple declaration and not an offence that would have you be dismayed at her.

"Why are you here?", you can ask quickly, for you can never get angry if it's your mom.

"Their butler called me", she said a little dryly even as a wry smile curled at her lips, "Telling my daughter goes berserk in her dad's house and now he's at the E.R"

Finally looking away from you after seeing you faltered at the news, she leaned forward until she could reach a glass of water waiting on the bedside table and she held it out towards you wordlessly.

When you made no move to accept it, she insisted, "Drink"

"Not before we get out of here first", you claimed. You really won't want for them to meet today.

"Don't be stupid", she admonished as if you were a child.

You forced yourself to keep back a retort that would make her want to stay longer. Although from what she's already doing, that might be her goal and you were desiring the opposite as always.

You watched in silence as your mom turned her head towards the door, calling out, "Ms. Jung, bring up her food now"

She glanced back at you and realized that you still hadn't taken the glass of water, so she pushed it more insistently towards you. Her eyes were rooted onto yours, silently daring you to attempt to find out just which the two of you was more stubborn.