Her Final Conclusion

What were you supposed to do when your neighbor called you to say your mom has fainted in the front step of your house?

What were you supposed to feel that you have to leave school in order to get her out of the hospital?

Only for you to be called next by Mr. Ong the butler, that your mom is already taken at home and your dad had payed for the bills.

Coming home to see your mother so pale and weak in her bedroom made it all that much more difficult to face her. With the welcoming party happening in a few days, you just wanted to stay home and check on her all the time, even if it means leaving Bighit for a time.

Your mom, for the lack of a better word, would be put first to everything.

She seemed to have other ideas though - not that she would actually say it straight to your face.

Instead, she was doing the very cowardly thing of being subtle into doing what she wanted from you but she seemed to forget how you could read her like a book, so you sat beside her in her bed, listening as she talked about how nice Hwang Yeji is along her twin.

They apparently visited her and brought her a dress for the party.

Realising that your mom has stopped talking and was watching you for an answer, you tried not to sigh, "Well, what about it?"

"It's not like they had done something wrong to you", she started and you rolled your eyes.

Could she be more any obvious?

"Why don't you go and be close them? Why should I be included?", you uttered in total annoyance at her suggestion.

"You know, my last wish is for you to be at least forgiving and be close to them since they're technically a family", she said and you looked up in time to see her reaching out for your hair.

Like the way she always did to you as a child, she lovingly caresses it while looking down at your eyes in nothing but pure adoration.

"I don't want to leave this world to see you still suffering", she added pointedly.

"I don't see the reason of me being close to them will ever make me happy", you replied, trying not to be affected at her meaning.

One of the things she prepared you in this world is to be accepting of such things, that people will come and go, and they will always leave no matter how you hold onto them.

Love is the only thing that will keep them alive through your memories, she used to tell.

"You grew up with so much hate in your heart that I'm worried about you", she pointed out softly, now making you look at her and her smile was sad, "You know your dad wanted to make up for things he can't do - he's done so much for you before"