Revelations Over Coffees

There were some days you dreadfully missed not having to deal with any kind of boys

At first, you thought you can control your foolish heart to ever feel something for one of them, it was all you could ever think about nowadays.

Now, regardless of just how much you spent time out of the dorm and among the crowd out of the school, there was that lingering uncertainty and the shadow of apprehension looming over you.

It would be easy to take a wrong turn and end up somewhere you shouldn't have been. Or even to find yourself trapped against the affection of three boys.

Just thinking about it was almost enough to make you want to be a recluse.

Unfortunately, you needed to stay in this job in order to survive. And in order to eat in peace, you take a leave for one day from the Academy.

Maybe hoping to clear out your mind after hearing from Heeseung what happened last night.

Sunghoon and Jake got in a fight after the latter caught you being kissed by his own bestfriend, that's the news circling aroud now at the campus.

"Hey!", someone spat harshly as they bumped into you with so much force in the sidewalk that in order to keep ahold of your grocery bags, you have to reach for the hand railings.

The man continued to grumble as he walked past you, murmuring something about some female nuisance in his way as you faltered for a moment.

The longer you struggled with the changes in your life, the worse you could feel your anxiety returning.

You knew you shouldn't have left the safety of the dorm today, but you needed an out for a while and as much as you needed to visit your mom, she hasn't been calling for days which is kind of worrying in her case.

There were days she was leaving the house to get an escape from the memories of the past. Usually, if it gets too much, she would disappear and you fear that one day she might never return.

This is what the pain of love can do to a person as it seems.

"Are you alright?", a familiar voice asked from behind.

And there he was again, as if coming from the dark like a beacon. Why was he always around when you feel so useless? He had never been around when you knew what you were doing, when you weren't such an obvious damsel in distress.

"What the heck are you doing here, Sunghoon?", you asked eventually, startled when he reached once more for your hand and squeezed it, "I went here in hopes of not seeing any of you"

"I wanted to see you", he said absentmindedly. He'd meant it, you realized in a heartbeat.

He was one of the few people that had actually wanted to see you again. For a moment, you wished desperately to get rid of him, to remove him from your life and return back to the way it was.