Enter The World Of Elites

Start from the beginning

"You are too familiar, Suryeon",  a man mumbles who must be her husband, "As always you wanted to know everyone"

"My name is Y/N L/N", you eay, smiling at the two before you, though it was fake, "It's very nice to meet you"

The two of them seems to recognize your surname before the man being considers you for a moment, "Well, you have more manners than your mother, that's for certain"

This puts you off a bit, becoming a little uncertain under their scrutiny. Only when it did become obvioue to Sunghoon as he squeezed your hand did you convinced yourself to pull it together.

You wouldn't let any of this people brings you down, not now. Certainly not ever.

"Why would you say such a horrible thing?" the woman chastises before turning back to you, "I am so sorry, Ms. L/N. It is meant as a compliment, but I'm afraid my partner is not the best at expressing himself"

Whether or not the comment had an effect on you, you can't very well make a scene over something like that, so you keep your friendly exterior, assuring them that no harm has been done.

Now that the first formality has broken the initial uncertainty between you and this couple, more members of their world were moving closer. The sight is certainly unsettling because you'd assumed they would be more intrigued at Sunghoon.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Hwang Yeji standing close to the front circular table, inspecting the room. She is wearing a beautiful black long dress, you noticed and she is greeting some people who came by to greet.

Your dad and his son is still nowhere to be seen, so is your mom along the real wife.

"Do tell us, L/N," another person says. This one is a bit elder, but seeing that he was looking back and forth between you and Yeji, you could tell they know, "What do you think of your father? Is he doing a sufficient job of running his company or do you have constructive criticisms to give?"

"That is a rather loaded question," Sunghoon remarks, but the elder chuckles happily.

"I don't think any of us expect the hidden daughter to be without her own opinion", the elder continues, looking at you up and down, as if he was sizing you up, "After all, how can she know how our society work when she lived all her life in the dumpster?"

In just a few seconds, Sunghoon is quick to hold you in the arm after checking your expression that had gone sour. Since this was a formal occassion, your mouth should be restrained and he knew if you were push too much, you wouldn't stop it from opening.

The thing you would say would not be appreciated for sure.

"I don't have much of an opinion since I can very well tell now how one of them looks so sure of himself, if not a little too proud and full of arrogance," you tell them with a shrug. The elder man doesn't look very impressed with your response though.

"I hope you do not let your own lacking of attitude put a gap between the families", he commented, "A cooperative relationship like what we are hoping for would be pointless, otherwise"

Sunghoon places a hand on your shoulder. In the eyes of those around the two of you, it probably looks like a gesture of reassurance, but they can't feel the anger emanating from his touch colliding with yours.