With him offering his hand, you leave the door as he guided you out into the living room. You spied Jay and Jake as they sat on the couch, talking between themselves and waiting for your arrival.

At the sound of heels tapping against the tiles, they both looked up and stood to greet you. But in the very spot, they bypassed Heeseung and came to circle around you like bloody hawks.

Of course, Heeseung didn't mind as he watched them with an amused smile, trying not to laugh at your situation.

"Now who could this be, Jake?", Jay asked as he continued to circle you, eventually coming to a stop as he stood side by side with Jake in front of you.

"I don't know, Jay", Jake said with a grin, nudging Jay, "But there's no way she's Y/N"

"She looks too beautiful for tonight", Jay agreed at once and you scoffed.

"Why can't you two just compliment like normal people?", you muttered with a deep frown. The pair of them shared an amused look, smiling for you to see.

When in fact, they both felt different to what they were showing in the outside. They might have given way for Sunghoon for the sake of being his friend, but deep inside, they were both aching.

They were both aching to take you for themselves.

At this point, Jay was even wishing for you to change your mind and maybe to see the ring he gave you to be in your finger as well, though you've never come to wearing it.

As for Jake, he thought it would be okay inside, that he can be fine watching you going for his bestfriend instead. But why is he suddenly nervous for when the exact moment Sunghoon came into the picture again?

"Because that's too boring", Jay rolled his eyes as an act, extending a hand to flick you in your forehead.

"And did you forget all the compliment we gave you before?", Jake asked as though it was the biggest insult you could have given him. It was just a part of his act, though.

"Oh stop it", you insisted, swatting at their arm, "But I can say that both of you looked more handsome for tonight"

They both have a different reactions this time. Jay tried to hide it as he turned to face Heeseung instead while Jake is running his hand through his hair.

You just smiled a bit at their expressions before looking around the room.

"Shouldn't you be heading to your cars now?", you suggested pointedly, spying Sunghoon as he walked in from the front door.

"We need to talk to you first", Jake said, his voice becoming abruptly serious.

"Please don't", you pleaded under your breath, tensing under their steady gazes. Why do they keep looking at you like that?

They didn't listen at your words anyway.

"Look, Y/N", Jay started, sharing a look with Jake, "Sunghoon's our friend and we've known him for years, but you're the first girl to come between us and you can't be trusted"

"Are you seriously going to warn me now?", you asked, rolling your eyes slightly at their guts.

How many times would you have to go through this kind of confrontation? Hopefully by the end of the night, they would understand that you'll try not to hurt their friend and they would finally relent.

Though somehow, you doubted it.

"We're just saying that we won't question it if you decided to go and leave him", Jake added quickly, the pair of them protesting when you ushered them away to Leo and Kai who entered the room.

From what you'd heard, they will be asking the two J's to give them rides since they were invited as well in the party. You think it has to do with all their parents knowing each other through business.

Jake and Jay protested at first, the two of them easily cornering you but after some coordination of Leo and Kai with the help of Heeseung, the pair of them were finally on their way out of the room with them.

Only then did you allow to turned yourself back to Sunghoon who made a show of looking you over from head to toe before winking.

You fought a smile, meeting him halfway when he moved to close the distance between you and him in a long strides.

"You're stunning", he said, and it was the truth in his voice that had you smiling.

"Anyone would think you're trying to charm a Princess that way", you felt a sudden goosebumps at that word as it reminds you of your dad.

"I don't need to", Sunghoon said quietly, shaking his head a little, "You're my Princess already, so why's the charm necessary? I'm only speaking the truth"

"Were you always such a smooth talker?", you wondered before grinning when you realized when he wasn't able to look away from your lips, "You can you know - if you want to"

"Of course I want to", Sunghoon muttered and not getting another moment past before he leaned down to kiss you.

It was a simple press of his lips to yours and the gasp that echoed from the doorway made sure that it didn't progress any further. You stepped away from Sunghoon with a frustrated sigh, looking past his shoulder to find Sunoo looking at the two of you with wide eyes.

Well, that was the first trouble for tonight. One down to go, only a multiple more is waiting.

Just thinking about it was giving you a headache.

Sunoo could do nothing more than to splutter, looking between the two of you and pointing uselessly in your direction. Ni-ki appeared at his side, and knowing how he could be dramatic as well, placed a hand on his arm.

They were both wearing an outfit for a formal party as well.

"I was just asking for a ride, not for a scene like this!", Sunoo screeched, his voice echoing in the room.

When it became obvious that he wasn't going to progress past those exclamation, you rolled your eyes before motioning for him to keep his mouth zipped shut. He didn't approve of the gesture and gasped dramatically in response.

"Keep it to yourself, baby boy", you threatened before turning to meet Sunghoon's amused eyes, "Shall we go now with them?"

He nodded, slipping your arm through his and trying not to chuckle as he said, "Let's go boys"

The two of you brushed past Sunoo who still hadn't quite recovered from his shock. By the time the two of you reached the parking lot, he and Niki runs after you, shouting for the ride they needed.

But once you were inside the car, you find yourself frozen in place as Sunghoon started to drive with Sunoo and Niki taking pictures together in the backseat.

It's only just occured to you that you won't see your mother there before the party started, and something about this sets you completely off-balance.

All of a sudden everything seems to be happening much too fast, and you smoothed down your dress, and tried unsuccessfully to slow down your mind.

What if I didn't get to talk to her?, you think, fearing the very idea of it, Before the inevitable end of my plan.

But now, sitting here with the boy you like and your friends with shaking hands and a hammering heart, you're struck by what this day actually means, by all that you will lose, by how much it will change everything.

And something inside of you begins to hurt.

═════════•°•⚠•°•═════════