Chapter eighteen

It's been a few weeks since I broke up with Danny. I've been a wreck. I think about him constantly and I am unfocused about everything. The little things like seeing old high school peers scares me again. I'm scared I'm not strong enough without Danny. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. I haven't heard from anyone. Guess Danny doesn't really care that we broke up. After what seemed like a life time I finally left my bed. The bay of tears and tissues for the past week. Jess had been a complete helper. She takes me to my doctors meeting and makes sure I'm well fed.

After the Ben situation Jess has become more down to earth. I mean she's living life to the fullest and is brighter then ever. I can honestly say that she makes me feel happier. She's fun to be around. Over the occasions where she goes out and I'm alone, Callum pops around. We watch movies and he always pays for food. He helps around the apartment and doesn't complain about it at all. Not only that but I think he has the hots for jess. It's different, I mean she did marry an complete hottie and he cheated on her. Now she's flirting with Callum. A hottie but he knows it guy. It's different for him, in high school it was models and sex workers. But now he's actually enjoying the company of two fat ladies.

During the duration of the days, I spend my time working out at the gym. It's different, I mean, sometimes I wonder if Danny will walk around the corner and ask me for a private session. But anyways, gone now. I asked my doctor if it was ok. He said if I didn't do it for a long duration everything will be fine. I make picnics for jess and take them down to the park when she's on her break. We sit on the grass and talk about this and that. It's mostly about my baby and how I'm holding up.

"So, after the Danny thing, your ok right" she asks while taking a bite of her cheese sandwich.

"Yes, I'm fine. I should have known better that he would choose me" I say sipping my water.

"Your going to find someone. I swear it" she says. All I do it smile at her.

"Hopefully" I sign.

After our little talk, it really got me to think about my future. I mean, I'm becoming a mother, I need to support my baby and working at super stores won't do that. Callum tells me about a new job opportunity at a local nursery. It's the little cares bares club. It takes children from the age of one up until that are three. I love children and I have considered a career in that department. I just hope that I can be the better person I need to be and start looking at my opinions instead of hiding in the shadows.

After I have made some decisions about my future I go and see if Jess agrees with it, I walk to her room and go to open it. It's locked. Strange. I knock on and call her name. She replies a bit out of breath and I can't help but laugh. When she opens the door she pops her head around the corner. She's trying to hid something. I push past the door and I burst out laughing.

She's naked and so is Callum, in her bed. I laugh and walk out giving them privacy.

"It's just mad sex" she yells joyfully at me.

"It always is" I say.

After that incident, Callum and jess are spending a lot of time together. She's only just finalised her divorce. She's such a slut but I love her. She is a real role model for me. I mean she has anything in her sights and she slays it. She's a fab girl. She's my best friend and I'm so glad that she's been here for me through this tough time.

When I am on my way back from checking out the nursery. I head into a coffee shop. I order a small decaf latte and a muffin. I grab a newspaper that provided at the front of the cafe. I instantly regret it. I see a small advert at the front of the page.

For a one nighter: rivalry

Dans band. Oh god. I turn the pages over and try to focus on the news. Gun crime. Better. Domestic violence. Helping. A local woman saved by her dog. I'll settle and read this. When I glance up to sip my coffee, people are starring at me. A couple of girls at the counter are sniggering and laughing. What's their problem. When I look back down, I have to try and push that attention out of my head.

"Hey, where's mister famous. Finally realised your nothing but fat. Glad he's come to his senses. Oh, I saw him the other night, he was pretty close to that Karen he's friends with" a girl says.

"Oh yeah, he was in claymore a week ago doing a gig. I was gutted that I couldn't go" another one pipes up.

"You should be, it was brilliant. David took me down. I do hope he gets back with Karen though. They were really cute in high school. Better couple then you, hm". The girl says. I can't take this anymore.

I stand up and go to grab my coffee, it spills down me and I look down shocked at the hot watery patch on my shirt. The girls and most of the customers in the cafe are laughing and amused by my performance.

"Ha, no wonder he left you. Utterly pathetic" they laugh.

"This is non of your business, but in actual fact I left him" I say grabbing my scarf and dabbing the water patch "oh, and I'm carrying his child too" I end it with.

They all look shocked. As I leave I can hear then saying small petty comments.

Why the hell has he knocked her up

Does he love her

She's probably lying to save herself embarrassment

When I do eventually get half way home I call jess. It goes to voice mail. It's engaged. Strange. I shrug it off and walk through the park. I need to get home and be alone with my thoughts. So it begins again. I hate fucking bullies.

Jess's POV

As I lie on the couch watching Ugly Betty, I realise that I haven't eaten much today. I get up and go to hunt for some food. After a short time, I manage to swing together a sandwich. Just as I go to sit back down my phone buzzes. When I look at it, the caller ID is unknown.

"Hello" I say.

"Jess" it's Danny.

"What do you want, you've already broken her heart" I say.

"I'm coming home, I quit the band. It is true, is she carrying my baby" he asks.

"Yes" I say.

"Good, I need you to do something for me" he asks again.

"Why should I help you" I say, standing up and pacing.

"Because we both love and care for her" he confesses.

"I thought you weren't even bothered about your relationship with Ana" I say to him making sure he knows the pain he's caused her.

"Please, please don't say her name. It's been hunting me for weeks. I need her. I've been in hell. I can't imagine my life without her. Please help me get her back" he says in desperation.

"What made you change your mind" I snigger.

"Everything" he whispers.

"What do you need me to do" I say in defeat.

After Danny has told me the plan. I accept and hang up. Just as I was doing that Ana walks through the door. What the hell. She's covered in coffee.

"What happened to you" I say chuckling.

"Some mean girls, oh, did you know that the father of my child has decided to get back with the bitch that ruined your marriage" she says.

"Karen and Danny" I say in shock.

"Yes" she says placing her keys on the side.

"I'm sorry Ana, I know how much you cared for him" I say, I have to throw her off track.

"I just have to accept that men like that don't settle for women like me" she says.

This apology from Danny best be the best fucking apology the world will ever see. If it's shit then I'm going to personally remove his balls. Once Ana is out of my sights I text Danny.

*this best be the best apology ever*

After three minutes he's text back.

*don't worry, it will be*