Chapter sixteen

It's been two long months since the whole situation with Jess and Ben. To be quite honest I believe that jess is handling it ok. I mean she isn't all happy flowers and daisies, but she has stopped the crying and is coming along to be ok. To say the least it has been a long two months and I'm not even exaggerating. I literally have so much to tell. Basically, a week after ben cheated on jess, he came around to apologise for what happened and for him not telling her sooner. Jess said that they needed space and she is still living with me. The second week, Danny took me out to meet a few more of his friends and guess what I found out. Danny is in a band, they do gigs and parties. When I asked what role he had in the band he told me he was the lead singer. At first I didn't believe him and laughed.

During the third week, me and Danny went away to San Francisco and it was beautiful, we spent most of the weekend in bed and in the shower. He treated me to a lovely dinner at a very expensive restaurant. It was fabulous, I did try and pay for myself but still he wouldn't have it. He told me if I wanted to pay it would be with something less papery and something more moist. At first I was taken back with his rudeness but then brushed it off.

When we arrived at home on the Monday afternoon, Danny dropped me off and then took himself home, I was a little disappointed that he didn't want to stay, but he assured me that tomorrow I would be a lucky girl. During most of my evenings alone with Jess she tells me that men are pigs and lying bastards. I couldn't help but laugh. I mean, sure ben did cheat on her, but not all men are like him. Danny is a pure gentleman. I could never go wrong with him. I do believe that I am falling even deeper in love with him. We haven't shared the I love you moment, but I feel it and I hope that he does too.

One night when I was staying over at Danny's apartment, I was looking through his fridge for ice cream, Danny was still naked in his room and I was wearing his shirt and nothing more. He told me to eat food off him so I went on the hunt for something seductive. Ice cream. It was only when I found it that I heard heels clicking against the floor. When i turned around Karen was carrying a paper bag filled with junk food. I was surprised to see her here.

"Oh, hey Ana, I was just coming in from work, I'll be out of your hair and go to my room" she said.

Hold on, did she just say her room. Why was she staying with Danny. Why didn't he tell me. What possible reason would he keep it from me. Right, I'm a woman on a mission. I grab the ice cream and act all cute and innocent. When I reach his room he's waiting for me in a sitting position. Right.

"Sweetie, why is Karen staying here" I ask while swinging my arms back and forth.

He looks at me and starts to struggle with words.

"After what happened with ben, she didn't have anywhere else to go. She couldn't afford rent at her place so ben paid for her to stay in a hotel, but he stopped paying and she's my best friend" he says simply.

Oh, so I'm what your fucking girlfriend, last time I checked I was. When I did ask him why he didn't tell me, he said that it was a subject that just didn't come up. I felt like saying bullshit, but I threw the ice cream at him and told him to eat it off himself and went to sleep.

After the little blip, Danny told me much about nothing. It annoyed me that he thought that he couldn't tell me anything. It was after Karen rang me apologising for Danny's behaviour. So he talks about our relationship with her, but not with me. That night I was so annoyed I ranted to jess, she said the only thing to do was get shit faced. That seemed like a good idea at the time, but I knew that tomorrow would be I told you so day.

When I was at work serving an elderly woman, she asked if jess was ok. I merely said that everything was fine and that they aren't on speaking terms. It was after half ten that Danny came in with Karen. Should have fucking known. They both came up to the till. Danny leaned over the counter and gave me a quick kiss. Oh hell no, it's time to make that bitch jealous. I grab Danny's head and literally stuck my tongue down his throat. He seemed to like it because he was pulling me to him.