Chapter fourteen

I was angry. I don't think I've ever been this angry before. Why didn't I hit him. Actually hold that. I turn around and head back outside. I see Karen and Ben arguing and Danny is trying separate them. I step down the steps and stride towards Ben. He looks up at me, he goes to say something but my fist is already spoken. My knuckle makes contact with his face and a pulse of energy climbs up my arm.

"Bastard" I say and grab Danny's hand. I lead him inside with me. I've had more excitement to last me a life time.

We look around for Jess everywhere. I held Danny's hand the entire time. When we did find her she was sitting on the porch out front. My heart broke when I saw her sitting there looking at her feet, she had no clue. I sat down beside her and Danny did too. I rubbed her back and she put her head on my shoulder.

"You ok" she asks and I give her a tight smile.

"Jess, we need to talk" I say. Danny squeezes my hand.

I take a deep breath and prepare my self. It's only dawning on me that this is going to change her life.

"Jess, what I'm about to say is going to be hard. But I just want you to know that I'm here and Danny is here with you. And that your not alone, what ever you need, I'm here for you" I say.

"Ana what is it, your scaring me" she says looking at me and Danny.

"Earlier, me and Danny were heading behind the garage out back. We heard voices and I'm so sorry, but we caught ben and Karen there" I said taking her hand.

She looks at me with amusement. She started to laugh and I had no emotion on my face at all. When she realised that I wasn't joking her expression changed to broken. Her smile dropped and it was replaced with pain. I held her as she crumpled into my arms. Danny put his arm tightly around me as I held Jess.

"What did I do, I knew this would happen, why did you let me be with someone so much more beautiful then me. I knew it would never last. Three years of being married. Wasn't i enough for him." She says completely broken.

We sit here for at least 15 minutes before Danny stirs, I look up at him.

"Come on, I'm taking you both back to your place. She's already fallen asleep. I'm going to stay over if they ok" I just nod.

I stay holding onto the porch as Danny gets his car. When he pulls up and jogs over to us. He picks Jess up and places her in the back of his car. I get in and he starts the car up. We drive in silence until we get to mine. When we are finally in my apartment Danny placed Jess on the couch and tucked her in. While he was doing that I of ready for bed.

When he finally joined me he held me and I held him. The next thing I said to him hurt me. But they needed to be said.

"Don't ever leave me" I said and closed eyes.