I quickly glanced around and saw that Amalia looked happy enough gossiping away with Barrett so I headed into the kitchen to make myself and Stef another drink.

"I thought you weren't drinking too much?" Stefania smirked, eyeing the gin glass in my hand.

"I'm not, but it looks like I've got some catching up to do," I pointed out.

"Then let me help you," she whispered seductively.

Ignoring Lachlan, Jake and Jaicy in the room, Stefania kept eye contact as she poured out a shot of tequila. She adjusted her shirt, creating more of a cleavage and leant back slightly to balance the shot glass between her boobs.

"Time to catch up bellina," she smiled, watching my astonished face as she placed the lime wedge in her mouth.

"Get in there Savre," Lachlan shouted, cheering me on.

The noise encouraged everyone to come see what the commotion was, Jaina and Grey now appearing in the kitchen as well.

Forgetting about the crowd, I grabbed the salt and sprinkled some on both of Stefania's boobs. I leant forward and slowly licked it off, swirling my tongue over her skin earning a loud reaction from our friends.

I took the shot and brought my lips down to hers, sucking on the lime while she held it between her teeth.

The two of us laughed, Stefania standing back up straight and fixing her top.

"You can look now Mali," Barrett laughed, removing her hands from Amalia's eyes.

"Momma Danielle knows how to play," Jake laughed.

I glanced at Amalia who was bright red from blushing and winked at her, letting her know those kind of comments were okay.

"Remember bambina, do as your momma says, not as she does," Stefania said playfully, holding Mali's chin in her hand and kissing her nose. 

"You make me sound like a bad influence, that was your idea," I laughed, slapping her ass as I walked passed her.

I saw Jaicy was now sat quietly on the sofa so  headed over.

"Hey my lovely," I said warmly, sitting beside her and taking a sip of my drink.

She turned to face me and smiled.

"Everything okay?" I asked, resting my hand on her knee.

"Yeah I'm good," she nodded unconvincingly.

"You don't seem it, you can talk it's okay," I assured her, glancing round and checking nobody was in earshot.

"Just a bit nervous about us all going back to work. I'm having the best time seeing everyone but it's just a reminder that we'll be back working soon," she admitted, anxiously bouncing her leg up and down.

"Hey sweetheart," I said gently, keeping my hand on her knee but sitting forward slightly.

"We're all a little apprehensive about going back to work. You're not alone in feeing that way," I assured her.

"I'm just already feeling the pressure. I actually needed the extra long break that we've had to take," she said sadly.

"You know I'm always here right. I know we're on different sets but that doesn't mean my trailer can't be a break space for you. And I'm always on the end of the phone okay," I told her genuinely.

"So just try to enjoy being in the moment. We're all here to relax and catch up," I smiled, gesturing to the drink in my hand.

"Thank you," she smiled warmly.

"Come here," I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and giving her a side hug.

"I can't believe everything with you, Stefania and Amalia," Jaicy said, now much more at ease.

"It's been crazy," I laughed.

"The good kind of crazy?" She asked, picking up her drink from the coffee table.

"For the most part. I wouldn't say everything that happened with Amalia's mom was the good kind," I told her sadly.

"Poor little love," she frowned.

"Hey mommy," I heard someone whisper.

I turned my head and saw Barrett crouching behind Jaicy and I and leaning her arms against the back of the sofa.

"You are not allowed to call me that," I laughed.

"What?! I think it's cute," she frowned.

"What do you want?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"I think your baby girl is getting jealous," she said quietly.

I discreetly looked around the room. My eyes landed on Amalia stood close to Stefania. She was holding her hand but not engaging in the conversation Stefania was currently in with Jaina. Her gaze met mine and I knew from one glance she'd been waiting for me to finish my conversation with Jaicy.

"Mali sunshine come here," I called, waving my hand for her to join us.

I removed my arm from around Jaicy and Barrett came from around the sofa to sit on one of the chairs.

"Come sit with me beautiful girl," I said gently, pushing myself into the corner of the sofa.

Amalia went to sit between Jaicy and I but I stopped her. I placed my drink down and pulled her across my knee.

"Hey," she laughed, trying to wriggle away.

"I'm not a baby," she pointed out.

"You're mine though," I whispered, keeping my arms tightly around her waist.

She gave in and settled. I knew that secretly she wasn't bothered about being on my knee.

Jaicy, Barrett and I talked and talked away, Amalia jumping in every now and again. For the most part she was happy to just be with me. We heard someone break a glass in the kitchen. I felt Amalia's entire body tense up, the sound clearly taking her back to a place we were working so hard on saving her from.

I tightened my grip on her and discreetly guided her head down to my chest as I continued the conversation with the others.

"I've got you Mali," I whispered, running my fingers through her hair.

"It's just a broken glass," I reassured.

"M-Mom," she stuttered, her fingers clutching my shirt so tight her knuckles were turning white.

"Shhh I've got you beautiful," I soothed.....

Authors note-

Sorry you had to wait a few days for an update. I wanted to take a little break for the weekend.

Hope you all have a lovely week!! 💕