CHAPTER 36: His State

CHAPTER 36: HIS STATE

EXACTLY 1 YEAR LATER

"Baby where are you? You will get late!" a woman shouted from the dining table. 

"Aagaya!" a man said.

"Come quickly and eat your breakfast. Aaj ek important meeting bhi to hai na?" she asked.

"Haa. Hopefully it all goes well and we get the deal," he wished.

"Don't worry, everything will go well." She assured him.

"Tune bol diya hai toh everything will be fine." He said smiling at her.

"How is he doing?" she asked.

"Nothing different to be honest. He spends the whole day inside that office cabin and rots himself inside of it. He doesn't even speak to anyone...not even me. He only replies to me when he thinks it's necessary. Office ka pura kaam mujhe hi sambhalna hota hai. He literally stares at that photo frame the whole day and tries to gather new information about her. Usko mein rokne ka koshish bhi nahi karta... kiya pata agar sach mein woh mil gayi toh...." the man spoke his thoughts out. 

"We can't do anything about it now. We have to let him satisfy himself. We know how tough it is for him right now. Ek saal hogaye Rahul. It's been one year since she left us. We have moved on but not him. He is living with that hope of her return. One day he will also realise that she won't return and that it's best that he moves on. We should give him more time." She spoke while placing her hand on his shoulder.

"I think you are right...waqt aane par woh apne aap hi samaj jayega." Rahul told himself.

"Okay now go baby. You will get late." She told him while dragging him towards the door.

"Disha...." he spoke.

"Haan," Disha replied.

"Wapas University join karle tu. Please? Sirf 2 years ki hi to trai...." Rahul tried convincing Disha but she cut him off.

"No Rahul. Not today. We will speak about this later...now go or else you will seriously be late!" Disha responded back.

------------------

A man in a black tuxedo enters the office and makes his way towards his cabin. Like every morning, all of his staff would wish him a good morning but he would simply ignore them all and avoid speaking to any of them. He went inside his cabin and looked at the photo frame, which was placed on the table. 

He picked it up and and started speaking to it, "I will find you one day for sure. Tu duniya ke jisi bhi kone mein hogi, mein tujhe dhoond hi lunga."

The smile on his face was a dangerous one for sure! No one in the office would say that he is the same boss who would behave arrogant and rude with his employees. Infact, if anyone was to go and tell any of the staff members about his smile, they would simply laugh at that idiot and refuse to believe it. It would have been a different thing if the same idiot said this over a year ago.

He placed the frame back on the table, sat on his seat and started to work on his laptop.

"Okay let's see what information we can find about you today then," he spoke to the frame as he typed something.

Just then Rahul entered the cabin. The man moved his eyes up and when he noticed it was Rahul, he moved his eyes back on the laptop.

"Are you serious?" Rahul questioned.

"Kiya?" the man asked, unsure about what Rahul meant.

"You went to those nightclubs again last night and again you brought another girl in your house. Tere paas dimag hai bhi ya nahi? You have your entire family living with you Aly for God's sake! Tujhe sharam nahi ata hai kiya? Roz ek nayi ladki ko apne saath ghar lejata hai." Rahul spoke to him angrily.