"Ah, but that is the beauty of the curse: you can only go as far back as your own strength of will."

"What?" they both asked.

"Do you really think the curse would leave itself open to be able to be destroyed that easily? It always has a countermeasure, a failsafe. You can't pull a fast one on it. Anyway, since different types of kitsunes exist and one of them is time and space, the only way to travel back in time is to activate the time travel and think of when you'd like to go. The further back the destination, the harder it is the travel to; you need more stamina and strength. You saw the storm that came though, right?"

"The nasty one that hit in the middle of the ceremony?"

"Yeah. That was me."

"Ye?"

"That's how going back in time works. Obviously it's not the best thing to be done, since going back and changing one thing can change course of the future and all that space/time continuum stuff. That being said, time itself tries to keep you from doing it and so it creates a storm of sorts. The farther back you go, the more harsh and fierce the storm will become. As you 'walk back' in time, you are being pushed back by it as well."

"What if ya tend to get to one date but the storm is too much and ya can't?"

"Then you end up in whatever time your stamina gives up at."

"Then ye're stuck there all month?"

"Not necessarily. It just really depends on how far back you go. If you go back a few years or so, things won't be so bad. It's when you get to decades or centuries; that's when it starts getting tricky. You can go back as far as your stamina will carry you but when you exhaust your strength, whenever you stop is where you'll be. Sure, you can try to gather your strength and go further, but the storm just starts back up at the strength it was when you stopped, it doesn't reset."

"So yar sayin' that the storm that would be created tryin' to go back to the beginnin' of the curse would be so powerful that it's impossible to get to it?" Catherine asked.

"Precisely. The further along the generation the curse extends, the harder it is for future generations to go past a certain point."

"Of course... so then... what are ya doin' here?"

"I'm here as a humble observer... although I think I came to the wrong wedding."

"Then ya're here for mine?" Catherine seethed.

"No. Wait... I never actually got your names.

"I'm Merida Dunbrough."

"And I'm Catherine McClavish, soon to be Northumberly."

Emmerit blinked quickly. "Oh dear... I must have gotten a little carried away." He smiled. "No worries. I'll just be a conscientious observer... or better yet... Excuse me for a moment." He said, starting to head back into the mansion.

"Look human!" Merida yelled.

He gave a wave and shimmered back into his human form before he walked in.

Merida looked at Catherine, who looked pensive."

"Weel... this seems nerve wracking to a high degree."

"What could he possibly want? And what does he mean by 'wrong weddin''?"

"That I'm not sure but I dinnae ken he's harmful at all. Seems he's a bit mischievous but willnae cause too much trouble. It's obvious he's a Northumberly else he wouldnae turn."

"But... as a kitsune, doesn't that mean he would be from Higgs' line?"

"He said that he was from aways into the future. People are all over the world in many places with many myths and legends. He said that as the world opens up, so does the range of the curse. Tis hard to say if he's not from another line... thought that doesnae give reason to wanting to come to this time..."