08 | 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Well.." Carson mumbled under his breath.

"I just know how much you love surprises." Peter covered it up. "So, I thought I would let you know... uh-- Anyway, what did I apply for?" He looked at Tony.

Tony stayed silent for a moment, thinking of something to say. "That's what I'm here to hash out."

"Okay." Peter kept changing his stance awkwardly. "Hash it out, yeah, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony randomly stated.

Carson looked over at Tony and tilted his head in confusion at the sudden change in topic.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?" May giggled.

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional." Tony picked one up and showed it to Peter.

"Let me just stop you there." Peter raised his hand. "Is this grant got money involved or whatever? No?"

"Yeah." Tony nodded.

"Yeah?"

"It's pretty well funded. Look who you're talking to."

"Oh really, wow." Peter smiled. "That's awesome."

Tony turned his attention back over to May. "Could me and Carson have five minutes with him?"

May nodded. "Sure."

Tony and Carson stood up and made their way out of the living room, Peter following behind them.

"This your room?" Tony turned and asked Pater, pointing to one of the doors.

"No its uh, the one the your right." Peter gestured to the other door. Tony nodded and walked straight in, the two teens walking in too.

One everyone was inside Carson turned the lock on Peters door, earning a concerned look from the boy but Carson just made his way over to Peter's desk chair and sat down.

"Wait, what are you—"

Peter was interrupted by Tony going over to his bin and spitting out the cake that May made into it.

"As far as walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad." Tony shrugged.

"What do we have here? Retro tech huh?" Carson looked at the devices on Peter's desk. Tony walked over and had a look too.

"Thrift store? Salvation army?" Tony asked.

"Uh, the garbage, actually." Peter corrected.

"You're a dumpster diver?"

"Yeah I was— anyway, look, um, I definitely did not apply for your grant." Peter explained.

"Ah-ah!" Tony raised a finger, interrupting the boy. "Me first."

"Okay..."

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." Tony took his phone out of his pocket and displayed a projection of security footage, showing someone swinging from a web and stopping a man from stealing a car. "That's you right?"