Judgement Is Not The Answer

Start from the beginning

It was all there, the evidences of him designing an immaculate invitation card for all the family friends and acquaintances in the business world. The lists was littered about informations on the upcoming event, or so you needed to call it the welcoming party.

And your brows rise from your head to see even your mom was invited, but the last part of the event after the introduction of you, is the announcement of something shocking that you stepped back from the monitor.

It was all too obvious it had been planned and one of the perpetrators is in front of you.

"Why wasn't I inform of this?", you demanded instantly.

Hyunjin surged forward then, reaching forward to cover your mouth as he holds your eyes, "Be more cautious lest they might hear you"

Lifting his hand from your mouth, you lowered your voice and it was barely audible when you ask, "I wasn't supposed to know this, is that it?"

Just once, Hyunjin nodded before dropping his hand back to his side and yet for the first time, you found yourself holding his eyes and actually looking at him politely for the softness within those orbs reminds you of your dad.

The way you'd been so fascinated in your dad's eyes during the happy times. Back when you believed in fairytales and that the King will never leave his little Princess. That was some time ago.

"I should go then", you offered to him and heads for the door, but before turning the knob, you added, "I'm sorry for what I did to him"

There was a long silence before Hyunjin replied, "It's okay, sister"

The smile that came into your face and into his is a sort of understanding, that you and his family will slowly get there.

To the way of acceptance of each other's connection no matter how complicated it was.

Now you have to talk to the most important part of your life, the one that if you were being honest, you just want to return for good.

But now you have to accept, he will take his place again, only not in the way you want to anymore.

It's just like time, every situations along the person it has will change.

═════════•°•⚠•°•═════════

Mr. Ong the butler was the person to lead you inside the room of your dad.

This time, you can't blame the old man to be slightly wary of you because of what happened and as the two of you walked by in the office, the mess you had done in the paintings is now cleared but now it was all gone.

When you get into the room, the awkwardness is instantly striking from seeing Mrs. Hwang fixing the bed for your dad and her daughter, Yeji is sitting at his side, talking to him cheerfully.

The sight was very familiar from the past.

You and your mom with the memories is his past. They were now his present.

The atmosphere in the room felt suffocating for you, that you thought of leaving but then, Mr. Ong took the opportunity to announce your arrival.

"Master, your youngest daughter is here", is what he said in a very formal tone before bowing.

The other three person in the bed instantly looked up and their gazes were on you, making you feel naturally small or one that you could not imagine, you feel extremely shy under their attention.

Silence is there quickly with a form of a monster and he is now taunting you that it was all your fault it had to be like this.

But he was squashed as soon your dad who was now leaning against the headboard smiled at the sight of you, as if you had never done anything wrong to him.