Bonus Chapter 6 - Jiwoo's Soulmates Part #5

Start from the beginning

As the reception was drawing to a close I realized I wasn't ready for the night to end. Luckily, my soulmates must have tapped into my thoughts because Jihyun turned to me. "Why don't we all go out to get ice cream? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye yet."

I'm excited for the prospect until Jung Hyun becomes the voice of reason. "I really don't think there are any ice cream shops open this late."

I shrug my shoulders. "We could always go to a Convenience Store. I know it's not the same as hand dipped ice cream." I pause for a second to let them consider my cooperative suggestion. I definitely don't want to go home yet, and this would be a happy medium.

"How are we going to do this though? Jihyun and I rode in together. I imagine Jeong Gyu rode in with his family since they are all staying in the same hotel together." Jung Hyun's logic and reasoning weighs in once more, and I know that it's something that we all will grow to depend upon as we immerse ourselves in our lives together.

It takes me a second to realize that I have my own car also. I frown as I share this with them. "Yeah, I drove here too to help Daisy get ready before the ceremony."

"What if we all meet up at my hotel? I could ride with Jiwoo, and Jihyun could ride back with Jung Hyun. We could leave the cars in the parking garage there for the time being and walk to find the nearest convenience store." Jeong Gyu suggests.

"I don't mean to be a jerk about this, so forgive me for asking. But why do you get to be the one who rides with Jiwoo?" Jihyun asks, and even though he gave a precursor to his question, to me it seemed unnecessary because his words don't come out hostile at all. He is merely stating how he would love to ride with me as well, but he needs a reason why Jeong Gyu gets to be my passenger instead of him.

Jeong Gyu sighs, and I can tell his mood has become gloomy all of the sudden. "Well, I hate to dampen our spirits by adding negative thoughts, but the truth of the matter is that I won't be able to see her as much as you two do. At least not until we are ready to find a place together that is suitable for my career. I know that won't be an easy task due to my own stipulations, which means it could be months before I get to spend much time with her at all. I just want to--"

Jihyun puts his hand on Jeong Gyu's shoulder to stop him from having to explain more. "You're right. I'm sorry I asked."

Luckily the drive was lengthy enough that our moods were bright again once we pulled into the parking garage and got out of our cars. Jihyun admitted that he already found a convenience store nearby. "I can't take credit for thinking of that though. Jung Hyun suggested I search for one while he was driving."

The convenience store is only a few blocks away, and aside from our light hearted discussion the walk is a quiet one due to the late hour. We find the ice cream freezer almost as soon as we enter through the automatic doors. "Ladies first." They all tone together in unison.

I smile warmly at them before shaking my head and waving my hands back and forth to add emphasis to my declination. "No. I'm not sure what I want yet." I somewhat have an idea, but I want to sit back and see what each of them picks first.

Jung Hyun grabs a Papico. I've had the chocolate ice cream that comes in the plastic drink-like container before, but I wasn't really a fan of how cold my hands became from trying to warm up the plastic in order to get the ice cream thawed out enough that when you squeeze the bottle it would come out the top.