🖤 Leave Me Feeling Confident

I know I haven't posted for a while, but this is the best piece of work I've made since Lovebug, in my opinion. I shockingly managed to write this pretty quick. This Driver Era song came out on Thursday and when I heard it, like with every Driver Era song, I got Sally vibes from it. The song is above and if you haven't heard it before, I suggest you listen to it before reading this fic. I wasn't so sure how to end it, but I think I ended it fine. I really hope you all like it. ❤🖤

I was laying on my bed, playing Fortnite on my Nintendo Switch when I heard loud music coming from Sally's room. I grin softly and shake my head. Good thing the other girls aren't here. I'd be hearing Mina screaming at Sally to "turn that godforsaken shit off" right about now... I giggle to myself at the thought and decide to go to Sally's door to see if I can hear what she's listening to. As I put my ear to her door, I hear a familiar voice. That's Ross Lynch's voice. Is Sal listening to Driver Era again? I get a small smile on my face as I start making out the words of the song.

🎶Don't ever say never... I could do this forever... To get you out of my head... To get you up in my bed... Nobody compares to the way that I need you... All up inside my head... You're rallied up in my bed... Oh listen... We don't have no inhibitions, strange conditions, weak traditions, or suspicions, no...🎶 I smile and knock on the door but there's no answer. I slowly open the door and see Sally sitting on her bed, playing her guitar and singing along to the song, making me lean against the doorway and watch her with a small grin on my face. 🎶You leave me feeling confident... You make me wanna go again... I'm not just a friend, baby... For your diamond and for that Benz...🎶 Sally looks up and jolts a little, seeing me.

"Babe, you scared me. How long have you been standing there?" She pauses the song and starts to put her guitar down, making me put my hand out and say, "No, wait!" I speed walk over to her and sit crisscross in front of her on the bed. "Don't stop playing. It sounded great. Play some more for me, please?" She smiles softly and turns the song back on, playing it from the beginning. She starts strumming along to the song and starts to sing again. 🎶It gets hot, it gets harder... When it's you, I don't bother to get you out of my head... To get you out of my bed, yeah... There's a bigger, big reason... That it's you, I keep keeping... All up inside my head... You're rallied up in my bed...🎶 I watch Sally sing and play her guitar with a small smile on my face.

Ever since I was a baby, Sally would sing to me when I couldn't sleep or I wasn't feeling good. I would sit or lay on her bed and watch her as she played her guitar and sang her favorite songs or some she wrote herself. I lay my cheek in the palm of my hand and I feel my entire body relax. I don't realize that my eyes are closed till I hear Sally say with a chuckle, "Am I boring you that much, babe?" I open my eyes and look at her confused. "Wh-what? No, Sal. You're not boring at all. Sorry, your voice is just so soothing, it always relaxes me." She smiles softly and sits up against the wall; she pats the spot right next to her and I crawl over and sit next to her, laying my head on her shoulder as she starts singing and playing again.

🎶We don't have no inhibitions, strange conditions, weak traditions, or suspicions, no... Oh listen... Me and you are great together, never better, but it's wetter, not the weather though... You leave me feeling confident... You make me wanna go again... I'm not just a friend, baby... For your diamond and for that Benz...🎶 Soon, the song ends and I start clapping, making Sally blush. "Oh stop, babe. It wasn't that good." "Are you kidding? You're such a good guitarist and singer, Sal!" She smiles softly and pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you, baby." She kisses my head then starts scrolling through her playlist and plays another Driver Era song called Fade. "So we're in a Driver Era mood today, I see." I tease and she chuckles.

"I have you to blame." I scoff dramatically and put my hand on my chest. "Me?!" "Duh! You're the one who played them for me in the first place!" We both laugh and she starts playing again.