🖤 The Driver Era

So for anyone on here who doesn't know, one of my favorite bands of all time is The Driver Era. I listen to them constantly and I associate a LOT of their songs with Sally. So I felt I should make a fic of me having Sally listen to them for the first time. I put the three songs that I associate with her the most into this fic. I hope you all like it. I'm really proud of this one. ❤🖤 (I wish I could've had a better name for this fic, but The Driver Era was the best I could think of 🤣)

I was running around the hotel, looking everywhere, trying to find Sally. "Sally!" Where the hell is she? I run up the stairs to the bar and see Liz behind the counter, cleaning glasses. "Liz, have you seen Sally at all?" "I believe she's in her room, dear." I tell her thanks and run up to mine and Sally's shared room. I open the door and find the room is empty. Damn it... where else could she be? I hear the squeaking of the shower turning off and I turn around to see the bathroom door open and Sally walk out with a towel around her body and her towel drying her hair. "Hey, babygirl..." "Is that where you've been the whole time?! I was looking all over the hotel, trying to find you!" She chuckles and walks over to the closet to get dressed. "Where else can I go, babe? I'm dead, remember?" I chuckle and roll my eyes, then walk over to her and wrap my arms around her from behind, resting my cheek against her back. "You smell good, Sal." She chuckles and turns around to wrap her arms around me. "Thank you, babygirl. So why were you looking for me?" "I wanted you to listen to one of my favorite bands. I think you'll like them." She quickly gets dressed and sits down next to me on the bed. "So who is this band you're talking about?" "They're called The Driver Era, and I really think you'll love them." I turn Spotify on and play the first song.

(Song here 👇)

🎶I hope she likes my moves... I hope she likes to dance... Welcome to the end of your life, yeah... Never thought you'd see the white light, yeah... Probably shouldn't run the red light, yeah... I know you hope you said your goodbye-yi-yi-yi-yi... Wish you would've never thought twice, yeah... Never got to save a girl's life, yeah... Probably should've learned to play nicer... Now I wish I would've said bye-yi-yi-yi-yi... Now it's just me and a mirror... Can't tell if I'm really here... I think I'm leaving this body (bye-yi-yi-yi-yi)... Take me to Heavenly Hills, with all the roses and pills, where you can bury this body...🎶 I look up at Sally and see her bopping her head to the song, making me get a small grin on my face. 🎶Now it's just me and a mirror... Can't tell if I'm really here... I think I'm leaving this body (bye-yi-yi-yi-yi)... Yeah, take me to Heavenly Hills, with all the roses and pills, where you can bury this body... I hope she likes my moves...🎶 "What did you think?" She smiles at me and says, "Wow... that song was incredible! I related to it a lot..." "You wanna hear the other ones?" She nods her head and I play the next song.

(Song here 👇)

🎶Can't stop in the morning (Oh)... Gonna wake all the others up... Touch me in the morning, as we wait for the sun to come up... We're into bad things, there's good things, and sadly... And we live fast so we don't die slow... We both know these feelings, they won't last forever, but I'll surrender everything... I'll give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need (give me what I need)... I'll give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need, I'll surrender everything...🎶 Sally looks at me with a soft smile and pulls me to her, wrapping her arms around me from behind. 🎶We're into bad things, there's good things, and sadly... And we live fast so we don't die slow... We both know these feelings, they won't last forever, but I'll surrender everything... I'll give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need (give me what I need)... I'll give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need, I'll surrender everything... Give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need (give me what I need)... I'll give you what you want (give you what you want)... If you give me what I need, I'll surrender everything... (it's what I need... everything... it's what I need... ohhh, give me what I need)🎶 "I really liked that one. This band is great, babe... you know me so well..." she kisses the back of my neck, making me shiver and giggle. "Okay, this last one... I think you're really gonna like this one the most." "Oh?" I nod and start the song.

(Song here 👇)

🎶Oooh, my baby, you look so sweet, won't you sit next to me? It's all I need... Oooh, so tempting, cool like the breeze, but you're warm like the beach... It's what I need... Bare skin, so bright, sunkissed, those eyes are telling me something... Are telling me something... You keep it natural... Natural... Turn it up, strip it down, clothes on the ground, don't you make me wait too long... Keep it natural... Natural... Turn it up, strip it down, clothes on the ground, don't you make me wait too long...🎶 I look up at Sally and she looks back at me with this mischievous smirk on her face. She rests her chin on my shoulder and says, "You were right, babe... I do like this one most..." 🎶Girl, you keep it real... I keep it raw... Girl, you keep it real... I keep it raw... Girl, you keep it real... I keep it raw... Girl, you keep it real... I keep it raw... Natural, natural...🎶 I look up at her and ask, "So, what'd you think?" "That one was sexy as hell... Now I know what to add to my sex playlist..." she whispers in my ear, making my eyes grow wide and yell out, "Eww! Sally!" She starts laughing hysterically, falling back onto the bed. "Don't tell me crap like that! Now you ruined the song for me! Thanks!" She laughs harder and I roll my eyes, chuckling at how hard she's laughing. "God, you laugh like a hyena." she sits up and scoffs at me. "Who are you calling a hyena, you little shit?!" She grabs my waist and starts tickling me, making me giggle and squeal. "Sally! Stop!" She straddles my waist and pins my arms above my head. "Not until you apologize for calling me a hyena." "And what if I don't?" She smirks at me and leans down to whisper in my ear, "I'll tickle you until you pass out..." my eyes grow wide and I gulp in fear. "Y-you can do that?" She nods and hums in response. "So, you gonna apologize?" I nod really fast and say, "I'm sorry I called you a hyena." "And?" She taps her cheek with her finger, making me lean up and kiss her cheek. "And I love you?" She smirks and kisses the tip of my nose. "I love you too, babygirl. How about you play more Driver Era for me?" I nod and she gets off of me and I sit up and grab my phone and we listened to The Driver Era for the rest of the day.