🖤 The Rose (part two)

So here's part two of The Rose! Hope you all like it! ❤🖤

Me and my parents have been at the L.A County Fair for about two and a half hours now, and we were getting ready to go back to the hotel. "Ok, let's go." My mom said as we were starting to walk. But before we were past all the little boutiques they had, I turned my head and saw a beautiful black rose. I immediately thought about Sally and wondered if she would like it. "Hey guys, I wanna look over here for a sec!" I walked over to the booth and asked the woman about the rose. "It's so pretty... oh wait, it's not real." "That's cause it's made out of wood, my dear. So it will last forever. And it's yours for only $10." I smiled real big, thinking about how Sally would react to the wooden rose.

"Sold." I pull out $10 and give it to the woman and walk back over to my parents. "What did you buy?" "It's a wooden rose. Isn't it pretty?" "It's very pretty, but why'd you pick black? I thought red was your favorite color." My mom asked me, confused. "Red is my favorite. I bought this rose for Sally, cause I told her all about the fair and thought she'd like something from it." I stick the rose in my bag as we walked to the car.

About an hour and a half of driving later, we make it back to the Cortez. And I am so antsy, I can barely sit still, cause I cannot wait to give Sally this wooden rose. We get out of the car and start walking to the doors, and as soon as we get into the lobby, I make a B-line for Liz at the bar. "I'm back!" "Hey, there's our girl!" Liz exclaimed, walking over to me and hugging me. "How was the fair?" "It was great! I ate a lot, got some awesome stuff, my feet are killing me." Me and Liz laughed as I sat on a stool to take off my shoes. "Hey Liz, have you seen Sally anywhere? I bought something for her at the fair." "I believe she's up in her room. But she should be coming down any time now for a drink."

As soon as Liz finished that sentence, I feel two arms wrap around my waist, swinging me around, making me squeal. "Ahhhh! Stop!" "But I missed you!" I immediately recognized the voice and got the biggest smile on my face. "Sally! I missed you too!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around Sally's neck, hugging her tightly. "How was the fair, baby?" I started to blush a little from her calling me baby. The only other person who's called me baby is my mom. "It was fun. My feet are aching though." Sally chuckled at me and motioned me to sit down in a booth. "Sally, what are you-" "Relax, I'm just gonna rub your feet..." I immediately start to panic. My feet are extremely ticklish.

"No, Sally, you really don't have to do my feet." "Why, babe? What's the problem?" As she said that, she started to rub my foot, making me jump. She soon figured out why I jumped and she got a devilish smirk on her face. She started to tickle my foot, making me squeal. "Sally, stop! Please!" She chuckled at me, and finally stopped. "Thank you..." I said in a whisper cause I was trying to get my breath back. "Sorry, babygirl, I had to. I wanted to hear your adorable little laugh." She thinks my laugh is adorable? I can feel myself starting to blush again, so I jump out of the booth and grab the bag I had. "I got a surprise for you, Sally." "You... you what?" I was kinda surprised by her reaction. Why was she so surprised? I thought she'd act more happy and excited.

"Ok, close your eyes, and no peeking, kay?" She dramatically sighs, and covered her eyes. I put the wooden rose in front of her face, and I tell her to open her eyes. She opens them and is stunned by what's in front of her. "Is, is that a..." "A rose? Yep. And it's wooden, so it'll last forever. I saw it and I immediately thought of you. Do you like it?" I can tell she was starting to tear up. My face falters and I put my hand on her shoulder. "Sally, what's wrong? Do you not like it?" She looks at me, seeing how my face changed from happy to sad and worried. "No no no, sweetheart... that's not it at all! I do love it. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever given me..."