06 | 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓

Start from the beginning

Carson took a deep breath before speaking. "I know Nat, I know. But if he goes after Barnes and it goes wrong, then he could make this worse... for all of us." He said while getting out of Wanda's bed and picking his clothes up from off the floor, quickly putting them on. "Are you going to tell anyone about this, that he called you?" 

"Are you?" Natasha replied.

Carson furrowed his brows and shook his head. "No, this is Steve we're talking about. I can't do that, I won't."

Natasha stayed silent and didn't reply, at first he thought that the signal had been lost but he could still hear people in the background.

"Wait, are you saying you'll arrest him?" Carson questioned quietly.

"What? No, no. I wouldn't do that." Natasha responded quickly after hearing his question. "But someone will if he interferes. That's how this works now."

"I know." Carson sighed and glanced back over at the TV which was still showing footage of the burning building, he picked up the remote and turned it off. "Are you sure you're okay Nat?"

"Yeah, the paramedics had to do a quick check up once I got out, just a few scratches but other than that I'm fine."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there."

"Carson, hey, don't worry about it." She assured. "This whole thing was a shock for everyone, there's nothing anyone could've done. Besides, you need to stay with Wanda remember?"

"Yeah, you're right." He walked over to the window and put his hand against the frame, leaning against it as he looked out of the window.

"How is that going by the way? Have you told Wanda what you're thinking?"

He glanced over his shoulder and looked at his girlfriend who was still completely out of it. "Not yet."

Carson knew what road this conversation was heading down so he made his way over to the door and stepped into the hallway, closing the door behind him.

"What's her take on it?"

Although it had been a few days since the accords meeting, the couple still hadn't really spoke much on it. Not since the discussion with the rest of the team.

But they didn't need to talk about it to realise where this situation was going.

To know what they were both thinking.

No matter how many times they both tried to ignore the tension that was brewing between the pair of them, they knew deep down that at one point they'd have to address it sooner or later. They just didn't want to accept it.

Carson grasped that Wanda wasn't going to sign the accords and Wanda was pretty certain that Carson would. The only thing that was holding him back was her.

"You still there?" Natasha asked.

"Sorry." He cleared his throat. "Uh, Wanda is... TBD."

"And you?"

"Tony needs me to go to Queens with him in few days, which will give me time to talk things over with Wanda." He said. "But I think... I'll do it Nat. I mean, I have to."