48

Estella

He gets up off the bed, and walks to the side. I stand up to follow, not able to stop myself.

"So what now?" I question quietly. He starts nodding his head as if he's deciding what to do with me... or to me. Oh god.

"Why would you ask that?" He looks to me, a different emotion on his face. I'm not sure I've ever seen this expression, but at the same time I feel like I have.

"Ask what?" I know what he's talking about. But I won't embarrass myself more. So I lie.
"If it was real? I knew it would stop you from hurting me." Wrong, I had no control over my words. I never would've said them if I did.

"Hurting you?" He looks genuinely confused.

"Like choking me? Or hitting me?" I wish I wasn't scared of him. I wish I could hold my ground.

He walks closer to me, slowly. It's kind of creepy if I'm being honest. I'm unsure whether I should try and run or just let him kill me now. Maybe it would be easier. And as he closes in on me, I brace myself. I'm squinting my eyes with my arms huddled to my chest when the footsteps stop. Okay, here it comes.

"Do you think I'm going to hurt you?" Absolutely one hundred percent, almost guaranteed.

"Yes." I can't lie to him now, not in this position. I'm too vulnerable.

"Why?" He's not talking like himself, there's something hidden in his voice.

"You have before. And you said on the phone you wanted me dead." I whisper.

"Estella I do want you dead." Well that made things better.

"Oh." I don't think it's physically possible for me to form other words right now. I'm speechless.

"But that's because I can't get you out of my head. And it's messing with my fucking mind. I can't do my job, I can't fuck girls, I can't even eat right." Okay? What does he expect me to say?

"Oh." I open my mouth to say more but my brain isn't functioning correctly. It feels like my mind is jumbled up, like it's in scrambles.

He reaches out to touch me and flinch immediately. I'm sure he's not happy about that. David used to hate when I would flinch or turn away. It's like they think we shouldn't be scared of them. Cades hand drops to his side and he takes a step back. Fuck this can't be good.

"I'm sorry." Did I hear that correctly?

"For what?" I can't help but ask. Is he apologizing for all of it? Or just the threats and lies?

"I have hurt you. Physically. You need to stay away from me. I'll hurt you more."

"Okay. I'm gone. I can try and move back in with my mom, but I'm not really sure if she would take me. I just need a couple days to figure everything out, I promise I can be gone soon. Please just give me a few-" his lips crash to mine ending my sentence.

Surprised by it, I don't kiss back. It's not sinking in that he's doing this. I can't kiss him. He's ruined me and he barely even knows me. But it's too real, I feel every part of his lips. And I give in.

He parts my lips with his and slips his tongue into my mouth. Our lips dance with one another in the most perfect way. I hate how he makes me feel. It's like I fit with him, like these are the lips I'm meant to kiss. But it's not real, it's a goodbye kiss isn't it?

He pulls back and looks at me, putting his hands on each side of my face. Gently holding me in place, he just stares at me.
"If you're gonna hurt me can you just do it?" I swallow hard.

"Fuck. E I'm not gonna hurt you. I won't touch you ever again. I know it'll sound like a lie, but I promise." Turning over a new leaf? He's full of shit.

"Okay, well what are you doing right now? A goodbye kiss? How long do I have before I need to leave?" The kiss was great, but if he wants me gone in exchange for never dealing with him again, then I'm gone.

"You're not leaving. Goddamn. I just fucking kissed you! Why would I do that shit if I was making you leave. The fuck is a goodbye kiss?"

"You said you can't see me, and you won't touch me again. The easiest way is to just leave Texas."

"Jesus Christ. You aren't leaving." He says as he steps closer and moves his hands to my hair. Pulling me back for another kiss.

I melt under him, unable to remember why I can't do this with him. He makes it all go away. Can't I just have this? This one thing?

"I missed your lips." He mumbles against me. I don't respond. I have nothing to say. I fall into him as he deepens the kiss.
"I'm not gonna hurt you again." He says before grabbing me off the ground. He wraps his hands around my waist and carries me back to the bed, gently letting me down.

"Are you leaving?" I say quickly, the fear evident in my voice.

"No." He moves in front of me. I'm laying against my headboard as he grabs my right leg and puts it on the other side of him. My legs now spread for him and sudden redness flushes through me.

It's been so long since he's touched me in that way, and it's so wrong. I need answers, I need to leave him alone. He's bad for me, he's lied to me this entire time. But when I feel a hand start to trail up my leg, my mind goes blank.

I need him, I crave him. Maybe this is the last time I'll have him this way. Maybe this is his goodbye. We'll have tonight and then go our separate ways. If this is our last night, I'm gonna enjoy it.

I feel his fingers trickle up my thigh, slowly reaching higher and higher.

"I missed how you react to me. You need me, just as much as I need you." His voice is deeper than usual, it's been a while since I've hear this tone.

"Why are you doing this?" I muster the courage to ask. Despite my thoughts of letting everything go and just having one last night.

"Estella. Please listen to me. I need you" he inches closer to my underwear line. "And I know you need me. So please, we can talk in the morning."

"Okay but we actually have to talk in the morning."

"Okay." He smiles at me before climbing above me and stroking my hair.

"You're so fucking beautiful princess." He whispers.

I turn my face away from him, shocked by the words that just came out. Who is this and where is Cade?

"I'm serious. I won't hurt you again. Okay?" He stares into my eyes awaiting an answer.

"Okay." He presses his forehead to mine.

"Now how many times do you think I'll make you come tonight?" I laugh at his boldness, something I missed. He smirks at me before sitting up and pulling my body down so my head is flat on my pillow.

~~

[ aw guys they had a moment. Tear, tear. Once again thank you so so much for reading! And you will see the whole scene next chapter :) so start tuned and be warned. Love you guys💕💕 ]