6

Estella's POV

The first day at the coffee shop wasn't going too bad. Until mr douchebag walked in. He was such a jerk. I didn't do anything to deserve his cruel behavior. After he left I had to go in the back and get myself together. Unwanted tears were threatening my eyes and I didn't appreciate him knowing he had an affect on me.

However, when Jen walked in for her shift I felt a lot better. She was another girl around 25 years old. Not to be confused with Kristine, the owner who hired me. She invited me out tonight with her and her friends. I decided why not since she was the first person my age to be nice to me here.

When we got off work she came over to my place and helped me set a few more things up. Then she went through my closet looking for something I could wear tonight. I dressed pretty modestly, I wasn't really a partier. It was one of the things David didn't like. He would throw big parties and without me knowing he'd always end up with a girl in his bed.

That was the past though. Which I needed desperately to stop holding onto. I was afraid it would consume me and disallow me to move on.

"Stella? Stell? Girl are you okay?" I was pulled from my thoughts by Jen.

"Oh, yeah sorry. I was just thinking. What's up?"

"I didn't find anything in your closet so I was saying we should go to my place and get you a nice dress. I think I know just the one too!" I wasn't sure how thrilled I was about wearing her clothes. I felt like I wasn't gonna look like myself.

"Okay cool. That works." I said nonchalantly anyway. What could go wrong? It was just a little out of my comfort zone. That's all. Right?

~~

She pulled out a tight purple dress that had a low cut chest line with a wrap around the neck strap. It definitely wasn't for me. But she insisted I tried it on. So I did. And I completely hated it. My boobs were exposed, my butt looked way too big. I hated it.

"This just isn't me Jen. I'm sorry" I said while looking at myself in the mirror. I was truly disgusted with how I looked. My stomach was pushing out and you could practically see the flab.

"What!? You look amazing! You have to wear it Stella!" She exclaimed. She was practically begging me to put it back on. So I did. She gave me a shot and told me it would calm me down a bit. I wasn't a big drinker so this was new. After taking it I could definitely say I felt a bit more confident. I let Jen handle my makeup and left with her to meet her 'girls' as she called them.

"Hi! I'm Alison but you can call me Ali!" One said. She was beautiful. I mean everything I could never be. Just like Jen.

"I'm Ruby. It's so nice to meet you!" And she was so pretty too. Wow I was the ugly duckling. All of my insecurities came back. These gorgeous girls were everything and compared to them, I was nothing. But I sucked it up and took another shot. Jen had ordered me a drink from the bar, she said it had vodka in it but I don't know what kind of drink she gave me. They all went off to dance and I decided to join them.

They were dancing with guys and I was just kinda dancing to my own beat. But when a tall guy came up from behind me I let him dance with me and guide my hips on him. It was a foreign feeling. I had never danced like that. And David had never put his hands on me like this. It felt good. I turned around and the mysterious guy kissed me hard. But of course I knew I didn't want to go home with someone. I wasn't that type of person. Sure, me and David had done stuff but I never actually had sex. I was still a virgin. And part of me still blames myself for his leaving.

But either way the guy was persistent. He pushed his tongue down my throat and I pulled away, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.
"I'm sorry, it's just I'm not this type of girl. My names Estella." I said over the music. Hoping a friendly introduction would cool him down.

"Names Jason. We don't have to talk baby girl. Let me show you some moves." He winked at me. I was feeling more uncomfortable now that he was holding me in place. I tried to push away from him but he grabbed my wrist.
"Baby it's okay we're just gonna have some fun." Ew fuck that. I looked over at Jen and Ruby, Ali had gone off with a guy already. I motioned for them to come to me. And they did.

"Excuse me she said no thanks dick." Jen said. Thank god I hadn't come here alone.

"Yeah get the fuck off her dude." Ruby said. And suddenly the man disappeared. We don't know where he went. But at least I didn't have to worry about him. Once I turned around to them I saw behind them, sitting at a table, surrounded by girls of course, was the guy from the plane. What a dick. Of course girls surrounded him, he was a total hottie. Ew stop. He hates us remember? Right. Whatever. I went back to dancing with just Jen and Ruby, after taking a couple more shots of course.

I don't know what time it was when we left the club but Jen took me back to her place. We slept off the alcohol and when I woke up I had a raging hangover. She had brought me some Advil and oranges to help with it. And boy did that do wonders. I continued on the day and headed into the cafe for my shift. I was working a later shift today, it was set for 10-4 rather than my normal 6-2. I was pleased though because I don't think I would've woken up by 6 am.

~~

[ okay soooo thoughts so far? How are we feeling? Stella doesn't party a lot so it was weird to write her like this! But I didn't want the classic bad boy saves her from rapist story, so I decided what's better than some girl power! Of course Cade was still there though, and don't think he didn't see her! Alrighty thanks for reading! <3 ]