18

Estella

The doctor said I had a concussion which means I probably shouldn't be going out to meet Cade, considering he could hurt me worse. But I think I'd be okay. I had Jen and Ruby sit at a table in the diner so they could be there, of course I can't tell them why. I just told them I was nervous for this 'date' and needed their moral support.

Cade walked through the diner doors, on time... I'm surprised. And here he comes. I can't help but bite my nails in fear. I have to relax, we're in public. He can't do anything to me here.

"E. I'm so sorry. I- things they got out of hand." His eyes tell me he's lying but there's also remorse filling them. He sits down across from me.

"Listen Cade, I promise I won't tell anyone what happened. Please just leave me alone. I'm sorry if I hurt you in some way, but please don't hurt me." Was it too much to ask? I felt disgusting, sitting here and begging for forgiveness like I did something.

"Princess. If that were true, your friends wouldn't be sitting in a booth over there. And I don't plan on hurting you. Honest! I never did." Busted. So now he thinks they know.

"They don't know anything. They think we, I told them we're on a date." I'm reluctant to say those words because for some reason they pain me. The thought of going on a date with Cade, he would never.

"Well Princess, if you wanted a date. All you had to do was ask." He winks at me. Is he dull? Why is he acting like everything's okay?

"You threatened me. You scared me. Why are you sitting here as if we're friends? You hurt me." I can't hide the frustration anymore. It just comes pouring out. "I never should've trusted you. Or anything you said, god how could I be so dumb. I thought you wanted to meet so that you could clear things up and apologize. But I guess I have to face the fact that you, Cade Walker, are incapable of such." I didn't realize tears had pricked my eyes. I just met the guy why did he affect me so much?

"Estella. I know you're upset. But why don't I take you out tonight? A proper date. I'm sorry I scared you. It wasn't fully me that you saw that night." He sounds so honest, and I wanted so badly to trust him. But how could I? I just met him, and he's already done such a number on me.

"I can't. I'm sorry but this is where it ends. Please don't contact me and please don't ask about me. I told you I'm not going to tell anyone, just please leave me alone." I beg him. Desperate and stupid like the naive little girl he thinks I am.

"E, please. One chance to show you who I can be. I won't try anything and I promise to be on my best behavior. You can keep your location on, your friends can track you." His offer sounded appealing, I would be safe with my location on. No. I wouldn't. Location didn't matter when you were hanging out with a lunatic.

"No. I need you to stay away from me." I stood strong.

"Stella. You're going out with me. You don't have a choice. I really didn't wanna scare you into this too, but you have to." He went dark again. A chilling smirk appearing on his face. I don't have to do anything. He has nothing over me, I've done nothing wrong or illegal in my whole life.

"I don't need to go anywhere with you. What are you gonna do? Kill me? Not if I'm not with you."

"I could arrange for that, but it'd be much more fun watching you watch the people you love fall apart." What? He can't do anything. He knows nothing about me.
"See Stell, princess, where I come from we know things. Just like I know you have a sister who's not doing too well now is she?" How did he know?

"You don't know anything."

"But I do. In fact, Jules is such a pretty name for a beautiful 28 year old. Birthday is hmm, April 2nd I believe?" All I could do was sit there with my eyes wide open. "Believe me yet?" He raised his eyebrows at me in an I told you so way. Shit.

"Fine. I'll go with you." I can't believe I'm doing this. But I can't let anything happen to the people I love. Jules may not always be there, but she was my blood.

"Perfect. When should I pick you up?" He was too cheery. Does he realize he threatened me into this?

"6 pm is fine. Should I dress formal?" I hadn't asked when I went out with Ben and dressed too casual, so I figure it's worth a question.

"Wear whatever you want princess, we won't be around people." He winked. Again. Why does he do that? And why does my stomach do flips when he does?

"Okay Im going to leave now. If that's alright?" I hate how scared I am of him. Tonight was going to be awful.

"Go right on ahead princess. Just don't forget we have a date tonight! I'm sure Jules would love to hear about it if you didn't show up." His devious smirk sent chills through me. Thinking of what he would do to my sister. Fuck.

~~

I put on a sunflower dress and some flats, I figured no one would be around so I didn't need to go all out. My nerves were high, shaky hands and nausea all day long. Ever since I left that diner, I wasn't able to think straight. And as the clock neared 6; it got even harder. But he was here. Knocking on my door, which meant showtime.

"Babygirl. You look stunning." He was in a button down shirt and some jeans. Why was he being so nice? Literally a psychopath.

"Thank you. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise!" He was so cheerful, as if he was putting on a front.

The car ride was quiet. I kept my gaze out the window and tried to ignore him as much as possible, it was only about twenty minutes before we arrived to a cliff side. Oh my god. He was going to kill me.
"Uh Cade Im not really sure I wanna get out."

"Relax princess, you're with me." Right which is why I'm scared. Lord help me now.

"I just wanted more privacy. I can show you the fun me tonight. We can forget about the Cade you met in the alleyway right?" He was never this happy. Ever since I met him he was rude and closed off. Cursing every other word, what is he doing? More importantly, why?

~~

[ guys I promise something big is coming. I just don't wanna rush things in the story. But next chapter is going to be a good one. I know the fillers aren't as interesting, but I promise I'm working on it. Thanks so much for reading! <3 ]